Delicious Glazed Lemon Zucchini Bread Recipe that is soft, moist, filled with grated zucchini and lemon juice and topped with a lemony glaze.
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
When it’s cold I find myself wanting to bake ALL the time. It’s almost like I just love having something sweet and warm to eat on a cold day. This isn’t always the case in the summer time, especially here in Houston when baking warms the house up by a few degrees and that’s the LAST thing you want. 😉
Breads and Cookies are usually the “sweet” of choice on these winter days, and this next recipe was one that my mom and I tried out earlier last year (yes, I’ve been sitting on this recipe for almost a year!!) It was so delicious and one that we will be making again and adding to our favorite breads rotation. 😀
The recipe is adapted from here and turned out perfect with the tastes of zucchini and lemon in a fluffy bread. The glaze is my favorite part (how could it not be??) and was the perfect addition for this Glazed Lemon Zucchini Bread!
That glaze – seriously so good!
Doesn’t it looks fabulous?? It’s an easy recipe to make, and I can’t wait to try it out again… it’s been too long!! And for me, breads that require no yeast are always the easiest!! 😉
How to make Lemon Zucchini Bread:
- 2 cups cake flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1⅓ cups sugar
- 2 TB lemon juice
- ½ cup buttermilk
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 TB lemon juice
- 1 TB milk
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Then add oil and sugar until well blended. Add lemon juice, buttermilk, lemon zest to this mixture and blend all together.
- Fold in zucchini until it is mixed well.
- Add dry mixture to the wet mixture and blend all together until well combined.
- Pour batter into greased 9x5 loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
- While still warm, make glaze and spoon over the bread. Let the glaze set up before cutting and serving.
Products Featured in this Recipe:
(may include affiliate links)
NOTES FOR GLAZED LEMON ZUCCHINI BREAD:
- Use a cheese grater to grate the zucchini.
- Be sure to dry the zucchini after it has been grated so it is NOT super water-y.
- You can also use all-purpose flour instead of cake flour, but we prefer cake flour.
- If using a glass pan, you may need to cook 15-25 minutes longer.
- Bottled lemon juice works just as well as juice directly from the lemon.
- Can also be made in smaller loaf pans. You can divide batter into 4 and place in greased 6 x 2 1/2″ pans (Bake for 35-40 minutes)
- Can also be made as muffins – Bake for 25-30 minutes – makes about 15-16 muffins.
- For high altitude bake at 375 for 55 minutes.
For more great bread recipes be sure to check out these other favorites:
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
BEHIND THE SCENES AT LILLUNA.COM:
Look how long ago this was!!! Lily looks so young!!! She has always loved baking in the kitchen with mom and grandma. 🙂
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!