Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
Hi fellow dessert lovers! It’s Kara from Creations by Kara here with another fantastic treat that you won’t want to miss. Chocolate and mint is one of my favorite flavor combinations, and I am always looking for new recipes to feed my obsession. This Grasshopper Fudge Cake is definitely a new favorite. It’s minty without being overwhelming, and the double layers of topping are out of this world!
As another bonus, it starts with a cake mix, so it’s a snap to make. You reserve some of the cake batter and add some green food coloring to it. Drop it by spoonfuls on top of the white batter.
Take a knife and gently pull it through the batter.
Doesn’t that look pretty? It is so fun to cut into the baked cake and see all those lovely swirls.
After the cake is baked and cooled, you top with with a simple chocolate fudge sauce that you whip up in the microwave. Go ahead and taste a spoonful, it’s absolutely decadent!
On top of that rich and creamy fudge layer, you spread a light and fluffy layer of mint whipped cream. It is a perfect addition to the cake. And of course, if you want, you can garnish the top with chopped or shaved Andes Mints. So yummy!
- 1 box white cake mix plus ingredients to make cake
- 1½ tsp peppermint extract
- 3-4 drops green food coloring
- Fudge layer:
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup milk
- Cream layer:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- 1 drop green food coloring
- Andes Mints for garnish if desired
- Prepare cake according to package directions, adding 1½ tsp mint extract to the batter. Pour all but 1 cup of the batter into a well greased 9x13" pan. Add 3-4 drops food coloring to reserved batter. Drop by spoonfuls on top of white batter. Swirl with a knife. Bake as instructed on box. Cool completely.
- While cake is baking, combine sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, and milk in a glass bowl. Melt in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds till smooth. Let cool. When cake is cooled, spread chocolate fudge over the top.
- Whip cream till soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar, ½ tsp mint extract, and food coloring. Beat till well mixed, then spread over fudge layer. Garnish with Andes Mints if desired.
If you love chocolate mint like I do, you must try this cake. It is absolutely irresistible!
Here’s a few more yummy recipes featuring chocolate and mint.
This looks SO yummy!! Chocolate and mint are one of my favorite flavor combos, especially around this time of year as we get closer to St. Patrick’ Day. 😉
Thanks for sharing with us Kara!!
For more delicious recipes by her, head on over to Creations by Kara.
And for more chocolate + mint recipes, check out these:
For all St. Patrick’s Day fun, go HERE.
For all dessert recipes, go HERE.