Good morning! I hope you’re all ready for June, because its HERE! Time flies when you’re having fun, right? And what’s more fun than this cute Grasshopper Pie?! Since Oreos are the kids’ favorite, we decided to change the original recipe from wafers and I’m so glad we did. Besides it looking super pretty, it also tasted really good. Sometimes there is nothing better than an Oreo dessert, especially on a HOT day like today!
We have always been fans of the grasshopper flavor (mint + Oreo), and hope you are too. If so, you’ll love this recipe because it’s simple, tasty and cool. We love that this can be changed up any way. For example, you can substitute the mint flavoring for any other flavoring and change the pudding to vanilla or chocolate to make it a whole new dessert. I think next time we will try a strawberry version with strawberry pudding. YUM!
This is a great dessert to try out during the summer. Like I mentioned, it’s easy and is one the kids can help to make too. Here’s the recipe…
- 15 Oreos (crushed), and divided
- 2 TB melted butter
- 3.4 oz. JELL-O Pistachio Flavor Sugar Free Fat Free Instant Pudding
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- ¼ tsp. peppermint extract
- 2 cups thawed Light Whipped Topping
- 1 oz. BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, finely chopped
- Crush 12-13 oreo cookies and place in a ziploc bag, add melted butter and mix around. Sprinkle onto bottom of a 9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat pudding mix, milk and extract with whisk for 2 minutes. Stir in Cool Whip and chopped chocolate. Spoon over crumbs. Top with remaining crushed cookies.
- Freeze 6 hours or until firm. Remove from freezer and let stand at room temperature for at least 10 minutes to soften slightly before cutting to serve.
Adapted from Kraft Recipes
TRIED & TRUE FINDINGS:
- DIFFICULTY: easy
- HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 8
- ANY CHANGES MADE: we used oreos instead of wafer cookies. Added melted butter to soften crust. Used a 3.4 oz instant pudding instead of 1 oz. Used a dish, instead of pie plate.
- ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none
Here’s another delicious grasshopper dessert to satisfy your tastebuds:
For more cold desserts, check out these: