Nothing like baking sweet treats with the kiddos during the holidays!!
As a creaive blogger who shares a ton of recipes, I’m always in the kitchen and the kids LOVE to join me. We’ve already made some fun memories this season baking and creating, and I hope you can do the same thing with your own family.
Recently, we made these Holiday Blossom Cookies for my daughter’s End of the Season Soccer Party. They were so easy and were made using Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix. They weren’t just simple either – they were delicious!! They were soft and had just a hint of peppermint with the Candy Cane Kisses on top. My kids loved the red sprinkles too!
If you’re looking for a quick, festive and yummy Christmas Cookie recipe, then I definitely recommend these Holiday Blossom Cookies!
– 1 Pouch (1 lb. 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix or any flavor
– Ingredients called for on cookie mix pouch
– 4 TB Red Colored Sugar/Sprinkles
-Bag of Hershey’s® Candy Cane Kisses® (frozen – they are less likely to melt if really cold to begin with) 😉
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. In a medium bowl make dough as directed on pouch.
3. Shape dough into 1 inch balls, roll in colored sugar and place on cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown.
5. When cookies are done baking let set for 5 minutes and place a Kiss in the center of each cookie. Refrigerate cookies immediately to prevent Kiss from melting.
6. Store cookies in tightly covered container.
Holiday Blossom Cookies Recipe
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix or any flavor (bag size 1 lb 1.5 oz)
- ingredients called for on cookie mix pouch
- 4 tbsp red colored sugar/sprinkles
- 1 bag Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses (Frozen - they are less likely to melt if really cold to begin with)
Preheat oven to 375.
- In a medium bowl make dough as directed on pouch.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls, roll in colored sugar and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- When cookies are done baking let set for 5 minutes and place a Kiss in the center of each cookie. Refrigerate cookies immediately to prevent Kiss from melting.
- Store cookies in tightly covered container.
I definitely love EASY and DELICIOUS recipes – especially ones that are as pretty and festive as these. They look like they take a ton of effort to make, but are so simple and yummy!
If you are looking for even more great recipes to try out with your kids this holiday season be sure to check out BettyCrocker.com. It’s the one-stop-shop for Holiday inspiration and guidance and has loads of holiday cookie decorating ideas. You can even go to the Christmas Cookies with Kids section, which is where I found the recipe above. Be sure to check out these links and Get Your Betty on this holiday season with the kiddos. I know they’ll love it, and I know you’ll love the tradition and memory making that happens when you bake for the holidays with your family. 😉
For even more holiday inspiration be sure to follow Betty Crocker: #GetYourBettyOn
For another great holiday cookie recipe, check out:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Betty Crocker . The opinions and text are all mine.