Chilled Cherry Homemade Slurpees are the epitome of fun times. They are cool, refreshing, & taste so good!
Homemade Slurpees are easy to have your own delicious Slurpee – no trip to the corner store needed. I will be making these, along with Shirley Temple, Pineapple Pink Lemonade Soda, and Mint Julep for the whole family to enjoy all summer long.
Growing up (& still to this day) a slurpee is the one treat I never turn down. If we stop to fill up the truck at the gas station, I have to have one. If it’s a hot summer day & we are stopping in to pick up water – I have to have one then too.
Since my favorite flavor is cherry (for all things) I decided that it would be my flavor of choice for this Homemade Slurpee today.
It’s so simple to make & taste just like the original!
How to make a slurpee
BLEND. Place all ingredients in blender & blend on high for several minutes. Once mixture is like slush & free of all remaining chunks of ice it’s ready to serve
ENJOY! Pour into serving classes & kick back, relax & enjoy
Tips + Variations
- If you’re worried about the carbonation during blending then add only ½ of the club soda before blending. Once all the ice has been blended, then add the remaining club soda blend briefly and serve.
- If your slurpee is too liquidy, place it in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes and briefly blend again before serving.
- Pellet Ice, like the kind from Sonic, works the best, but any ice will do the job.
Change up the flavor: Since a huge part of the flavor in this drink comes from the powdered Kool Aid, you can easily change up the flavor just by using different flavors of Kool Aid. Depending on the flavor you use you may want to leave out the cherry juice or replace it with another flavor of juice/syrup.
The best way for STORING slurpees for later is to put them in a hydro flask. The insulation keeps its original consistency the longest.
You can also FREEZE for later, but it will not be quite the same consistency when you thaw it. For best results thaw enough to be able to re-blend it.
Another way to save leftovers is to make popsicles.
for More COLD DRINKS:
- Shirley Temple
- Sonic Ocean Water
- Frozen Hot Chocolate
- Mint Julep
- Copycat Sonic Cherry Limeade
- The Best Homemade Lemonade Recipe
- 1 cup club soda cold
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp cherry Kool-Aid drink mix
- ½ tsp maraschino cherry juice
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Place all ingredients in blender & blend on high for several minutes
- Once mixture is like slush & free of all remaining chunks of ice it's ready to serve
- Pour into serving classes & kick back, relax & enjoy
Thanks for sharing with us Gina!!
For more great recipes from her, head on over to Kleinworth & Co.