Hi there, this is Kristin from Yellow Bliss Road back with a great recipe for spring!
I love pasta salads, and I love chicken salads and I love lemon, so I thought why not marry those together, and the result was this creamy Lemon Chicken Pasta Salad!
It’s got Greek Yogurt (which I’m kind of obsessed with), fresh lemon, shredded or chunks of chicken, celery, toasted almonds, green onions and parsley. It’s so easy to whip up, and you could easily add/omit things as you like.
I made this salad for myself and enjoyed it for lunch several times, but you could also double the recipe and take it to a potluck or barbecue. The toasted almonds and celery give the salad a nice crunch, while the lemon and parsley really brighten it up. It’s the best thing I’ve eaten in a long time!
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 cups cooked, small pasta (like rotini or bowtie)
- 1 lemon
- 6 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh, chopped parsley
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Toast almonds on a cookie sheet with sides in a 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Combine ingredients (except lemon) together in a medium sized bowl.
- Zest about half of the lemon into the bowl. Slice the lemon in half and squeeze juice from one half into the salad and stir to combine. Taste, and add more lemon juice, salt or pepper as desired.
- Serve immediately or reserve in the refrigerator for up to two days and serve chilled.
Stop by and check out more great recipes from Yellow Bliss Road, like these:
I’m craving some of this for lunch!! It sounds so fresh with the lemon and Greek yogurt!
Thanks for sharing this recipe with us Kristin!!
Go visit her over at Yellow Bliss Road for more awesome recipes!
And if you want to see more pasta salad recipes, check out these posts:
For all pasta salad recipes, go HERE.
For all recipes, go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!