Last fall, I was invited to do some crafts for HERSHEY’S. You may remember the XO Wedding Favors I posted in June which were part of the challenge HERSHEY’S gave me. The second part of the challenge was to create a cute Christmas Craft using Hershey’s Kisses. I knew exactly what I wanted to do and made a cute Mini Christmas Tree Piñata that could be a great Christmas party favor or even decoration that acted as a little treat for a Christmas or Holiday Get Together (wouldn’t they make great centerpieces?!)
I LOVE how they turned out and want to show you what you’d need to make them as well. 😉
MY LATEST VIDEOS
- 2 bags (11oz) of HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates in Holiday Foils
- 1 party hat (any color)
- Double-sided tape
- 1 roll green crepe-paper streamers
- 1 piece of green cardstock
- Glue stick
- Holiday gift tag
- Begin by tracing the bottom of the party hat onto a piece of cardstock.
- Cut out the circular cardstock shape.
- Fill the party hat with one bag of HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates.
- Tap the circle cardstock cut-out to the bottom of the party hat to seal in the chocolates.
- Laying out the crepe-paper streamer horizontally, cut small slits into the streamer vertically about 2/3 of the way in so pieces are still attached. Continue cutting the slits for approximately 2 ½ feet of streamer. This will help make the tree piñata resemble an Evergreen Christmas tree.
- Using double-sided tape, attach the crepe-paper streamer to the party hat by wrapping around one layer at a time. The party hat should be entirely covered.
- Once the party hat is wrapped, cut off remaining streamer if needed and discard.
- Unwrap 10-15 HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates. Set the chocolates aside but save the foil wrappers and plumes.
- Glue plumes together at the ends to create one long streamer.
- Use the plume streamer as garland for the tree, taping to the bottom and wrapping around the tree to the top. 11. 11. Secure at the top with additional tape.
- Make stars out of the HERSHEY’S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolate foils by folding each foil in half and cutting into a star shape.
- Attach stars to the tree using tape.
- Top the tree with one large star if desired.
- Add a holiday gift tag and gift to a family member, neighbor or friend.
Super cute, right?!
For more great projects using Hershey’s Kisses be sure to head HERE.