Who here loves cookies?!
I’ve discussed this before, but my mom would have fresh, warm cookies waiting for us after school on a regular basis. She LOVES to bake, and she loves trying out new recipes, so we were pretty spoiled as kids. I think my kids are pretty spoiled as well since I’m making treats almost every week. One of the treats we recently tried out were these Mint Blossoms from Land O Lakes. We have always loved the Mint Meltaways so I knew they would be great on top of a cookie. I had to try them and the family decided they were DELICIOUS!! I had to agree. They are a soft and chewy sugar cookie with the delicious mint candy on top. What’s not to love, right?!
Here’s the simple recipe:
Mint Blossoms Recipe
- 1 1/4 cup sugar divided
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 24-36 mint meltaway candies
Preheat oven to 375.
- Add 1 cup sugar, butter, egg and vanilla to a bowl and mix well. Beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl add the flour, baking soda and salt. Add this to your creamed mixture and mix well.
- Place ¼ cup sugar into a bowl.
- Shape dough into 1½ inch balls, roll in sugar and place onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 7-9 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately add 1 mint candy to the center of each cookie. Let cool. ENJOY!
Recipe from Land O Lakes.
Beat your sugar, butter, egg and vanilla.
Add your dry ingredients and mix well.
Roll your dough balls into sugar.
NOTE: You can make these as big as you want. Mine were about 1.5 inches and it made about 2.5 dozen cookies.
I like my cookies ultra soft and tend to under-bake them so they stay soft. 😉
Be sure to add your candy as soon as they come out of the oven.
These cookies were delicious and remind me of the classic Kiss cookies that you stick a Hershey’s Kiss on top of. We have always loved these mint meltaways, so they were the perfect addition to these chewy, soft sugar cookies.
For more delicious cookie recipes, be sure to check out:
For all Dessert recipes go HERE.
For all Recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!