Hi there everyone! It’s Gina from Kleinworth & Co. & I’m here today to share with you all this super fun Halloween treat that my kids just love, Monster Bark! It certainly the time of year to start thinking about Halloween. It will be here before we know it & I definitely want to be prepared ahead of time. So I am working on beefing up my pin boards with all sorts of inspiring Halloween ideas to make sure I’m ready. I am also doing a few test runs on recipes, like this one I’m sharing with you today.
Just because my kids are older doesn’t mean we can’t still have fun with Halloween. But at ages 12 through 17 they are too old to go out trick or treating. However I don’t want them to feel like they are missing out. So scaled down costumes like some fun face paint & special goodies helps give them something to look forward to while we pass out candy to the neighborhood kids. I let them snack from the bowl a little in between each pack of traveling kiddos too.
Something like this bark is so quick to make & the kids can help too. My 3 are so creative when it comes to the ideas they come up with when I let them help me in the kitchen. I just love seeing what they think of. They also really help when I need an extra set of hands to separate out things like – all the green & orange M&M’s from the bag so we can put recipes like this together. They love helping & they are such good sports about the tasks I give them when helping in the kitchen.
But I think they love the goodies as their payment for helping. Like most kids, they love a good treat & these certainly fit that for sure. So fun & you can choose any colors you like. If you prefer a traditional orange & black for Halloween you can certainly tweak this with those colors. I happen to love purple & green – but the kids thought some orange in there for the monsters would be fun too.
Monster Bark Recipe
- 1 bag milk chocolate candy melts
- 1/2 bag orange candy melts
- 1/2 bag purple candy melts
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts (optional)
- 2 tbsp green jimmies
- 1 package small candy eyes
- 1 pacakage large candy eyes
- 1/4 cup orange and green M&Ms
- Line a jelly roll pan with parchment- set aside
- In a small microwave safe bowl, heat milk chocolate candy melts to package directions, stirring half way through until fully melted & smooth
- Pour onto prepared parchment & smooth out into a thin, even layer
- Sprinkle peanuts on top
- Melt your orange & purple chocolates in the same way in 2 smaller bowls & drizzle over the first layer in a random pattern
- Sprinkle on jimmies, add eyes & M&M's randomly - work quickly so the chocolate doesn't set before you have everything added
- Place tray in refrigerator to set for about 30 minutes
- Prior to serving, break into pieces by poking chilled chocolate with a fork or knife
If you are looking for a truly simple & fun Halloween treat – this one is for you!
Looking for more? Here are some of my favorite Halloween Ideas!
This Monster Bark is SO FUN!!! My kids love this kind of stuff which means we’ll be making it asap.
For more great recipes from her, check out: Kleinworth & Co.
For more fun Halloween recipes on the site, check out:
For all Halloween ideas on the site go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!