This post was brought to you by the makers of French’s Sweet Yellow Mustard and Spicy Yellow Mustard. I received compensation to write this post through the French’s Sweet and Spicy Influencer Program. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
It wasn’t too long ago that I told you about my family’s obsession with skewers. We hadn’t really tried them before this summer, but we’ve been making them every month and love them! We especially love that the possibilities are endless — we can make sweet or savory recipes depending on the occasion, or even our mood.
Recently, I partnered with French’s Mustard to create a custom recipe using their two new mustard variations – Sweet Yellow Mustard and Spicy Yellow Mustard. Since we have been enjoying skewers so much I thought I’d try out the mustards on some chicken kabobs. I wanted to make sure that the two new mustard flavors could be used interchangeably and thought that SWEET or SPICY Mustard Chicken & Pineapple Skewers would be a hit! I’m happy to report that they were indeed a hit and were delicious. The best part? They were simple and were perfect for our family BBQ.
Whether you’re feeling like a sweet recipe or a spicy one or a little bit of both, you will LOVE these Mustard Chicken and Pineapple Skewers. Here’s the recipe:
– 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast (cut into 1 – 1.5″ pieces)
– pineapple (cut into 1 inch pieces)
– 1 tsp. garlic
– 1 TB honey
– ¼ cup French’s Sweet Yellow Mustard or French’s Spicy Yellow Mustard
– 3 TB vinegar
– ½ cup olive oil
– Salt and Pepper (to taste)
1. Make your Mustard Vinaigrette by combining garlic, honey, mustard, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
2. Add chicken to your bowl (or to tupperware) and marinate for at least 4 hours.
3. Place chicken and pineapple on skewers making sure a piece of chicken is at both ends so pieces don’t fall off the skewers.
4. Grill on Medium/High Heat for 15-20 minutes rotating occasionally.
5. When done, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Mustard Chicken and Pineapple Skewers Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 pineapple cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup French's Sweet Yellow Mustard or French's Spicy Yellow Mustard
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make your Mustard Vinaigrette by combining garlic, honey, mustard, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add chicken to your bowl (or to tupperware) and marinate for at least 4 hours.
- Place chicken and pineapple on skewers making sure a piece of chicken is at both ends so pieces don’t fall off the skewers.
- Grill on Medium/High Heat for 15-20 minutes rotating occasionally.
- When done, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Make up your Mustard Vinaigrette with the Sweet or Spicy mustard.
Cut your chicken into 1 – 1 ½ inch cubes.
Marinate your chicken for at least 4 hours. I like to marinate it for 24 hours to really let the flavor sink in. 😉
Cut pineapple pieces into 1 inch pieces.
Place chicken and pineapple on skewers making sure the chicken is on both ends to help keep everything on the skewers.
Every grill is different, but we ended up cooking ours on Medium/High for about 15-20 minutes rotating occasionally.
Delicious!!I can’t wait to try these again and will probably throw in a few more veggies next time like peppers or asparagus. With the mustard vinaigrette, it is so easy to make it a sweet or spicy experience, which is why we used French’s new mustard flavors. French’s Sweet Yellow Mustard has a delicious touch of brown sugar and French’s Spicy Yellow Mustard gets a zesty kick from cayenne pepper. Best part is that both new mustards are fat-free and gluten-free, making them a quality, easy go-to ingredient for everyday cooking!
For more information about French’s – America’s best-loved mustard, be sure to check them out here:
For all recipes on the site go HERE.