I’m skipping the small talk today and going straight for the good stuff. Today’s recipe is one I just love SO MUCH. My mom decided to try these Oatmeal Dinner Rolls, and they are the bomb.com – truly awesome! They were sweet and really tasty. My mom has been making bread and rolls for the longest time so these were really easy for her. I know yeast can be a bit scary, but I promise you, this is a great place to start. Take your time, read the instructions carefully, and don’t give up if you fail the first time. 😉
These rolls are worth trying until you’ve mastered them so go ahead… try ’em out and let us know what you think. I think you’ll love them just as much as we did. Here’s the recipe…
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 3 TB butter
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- ⅓ cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 TB sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 4-3/4 to 5-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Add oats and butter to 2 cups boiling water. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and cool until lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add oat mixture, sugars, salt and 4 cups of flour; beat until smooth. If needed, add more flour to form a soft dough.
- Knead on a floured surface, until smooth and elastic. Place in a greased bowl, turning so that each side is greased. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Punch down dough and let sit for 10 minutes. Shape into 18 round balls and place in two greased baking pans. Cover and let rise for 45 minutes or until doubled.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. We chose to run butter over warm rolls, for extra yumminess!
Adapted from tasteofhome.com.
HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 18 rolls
ANY CHANGES MADE: Baked our rolls in a square dish, rubbed butter over top hot rolls.
ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none
For more awesome rolls recipes, that are just as easy as this one, you can take a look at these:
For all bread recipes, go HERE.
For ALL recipes, go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter.