This is a sponsored post written on behalf of Flatout Flatbread. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
Are you guys ready for Independence Day??
The Fourth of July is one of my FAVORITE holidays! We always celebrated the holiday in Arizona, and Phoenix during the summer is hotter than hot. With the combination of the heat and the need to be festive and eat good food, we always turned to delicious summer-y treats, usually filled with our favorite fruits. Today I’m sharing with you a new favorite that is delicious, festive and topped with two of our favorite summer fruits – blueberries and strawberries!
Today’s recipe is for a Patriotic Fruit Pizza. I used Flatout Flatbread for the base, but the Flatout Pizza Crust would be great too. I topped it with a homemade almond buttercream frosting and layered it with blueberries and strawberries to make it perfect for the 4th of July. The result was amazing, and the family loved it! Here is what you’ll need to make it yourself.
- Flatout Flatbread or Flatout Pizza Crust
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 TB milk
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place flatbread on a foil lined baking sheet and spread with butter. Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 5-6 minutes. Let cool.
- While flatbread is baking, rinse strawberries, cut off tops and slice in quarters length-wise. Pat try and set aside.
- Make frosting by creaming together the butter and cream cheese. Add powdered sugar, almond extract, and milk - mix well.
- Spread frosting over cooled flatbread. Right before serving top with blueberries in the corner and strawberries in a row. Pipe on more frosting between strawberry rows. Serve immediately. ENJOY!
Flatout Flatbreads has several varieties. I used the Light Original for this recipe.
Spread butter over flatbread and sprinkle with sugar.
Spread frosting on flatbread.
Add strawberries in a row.
The almond buttercream frosting was the perfect addition to this dessert, and the fruit was so refreshing!! Can’t wait to make this again but with Flatout’s Artisan Thin Pizza Crust. 🙂
I spotted another sweet recipe on their website that also looks amazing – check it out…
I also spotted a savory recipe that I cannot wait to try. Doesn’t this Chicken Avocado Pizza look delicious?!
For more great recipes from Flatout go HERE.
To find Flatout Flatbread in your are be sure to go to flatoutfinder.com.
Happy early Independence Day!