Hey everyone! Kristin here from Yellow Bliss Road with a special Christmas treat for you!
Two of my favorite sweet Christmas treats are Sugar Cookies, and Peppermint ANYTHING. I decided to put those loves together and create one incredible Christmas cookie. These Peppermint Oreo Sugar Cookies will be a hit when they grace your holiday cookie tray this year.
Have you seen these adorable little Candy Cane Oreo Minis?? They are so cute, and sooo addicting! They made the perfect compliment to my favorite sugar cookies! I also threw in a handful of Andes Peppermint Crunch baking chips, because, well, why not? The result was a sweet and crunchy cookie that my family has really been enjoying.
I’ve got two young kids, so my Christmas baking needs to be kept somewhat simple. They are 6 & 7 so they are really enjoying learning about how to bake but we still try and keep the ingredients simple, which is why I used a sugar cookie mix instead of my favorite sugar cookie recipe. If you prefer you can use my recipe, or any sugar cookie recipe that you love. Just mix up the ingredients and add in the crushed Oreos and Andes mints. Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto a cookie sheet, preferably lined with parchment paper. I like to use a cookie scoop to ensure evenly sized cookies.
I’d venture to guess these could be Santa’s new favorite cookie!
Peppermint Oreo Sugar Cookies Recipe
So delicious and festive Peppermint Oreo Sugar Cookies. A great treat for family, friends, and neighbors. Recipe includes your favorite sugar cookie mix, andes peppermint baking chips, and candy cane oreos!!
- 1 package Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix (or your favorite Sugar Cookie Recipe)
- Eggs, oil, and water as call for on package
- 1 cup candy cane oreos crushed
- 1/2 cup Andes Peppermint baking chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare sugar cookie dough according to package instructions.
- Stir in chopped Oreos and Andes peppermint baking chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons (using a cookie scoop, preferably) onto a parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for about 10-12 minutes, or until edges are just starting to brown.
- Cool on baking sheet for about 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Store for up to a week in an air-tight container.
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check:
OH MY!! I can see why these would be Santa’s favorite this year. YUM!
Thank you, Kristin!
For more delicious recipes from Kristin here on the site check out:
Nothing like delicious holiday cookies!
For all dessert recipes on the site go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂