I love baking with pudding mixes, they make everything so yummy! I have a recipe for Pistachio Cupcakes that has been a favorite since I was a little girl. These Pistachio Sugar Cookie Bars are similar. Both start with pistachio pudding mix, and both are topped with cream cheese frosting. Both are absolutely scrumptious!
I just recently discovered the joy of sugar cookie bars. All of the flavor of sugar cookies, but so much easier to make! Just press into the pan, bake, frost, and cut. So simple, but oh so delicious.
These bars are extra soft and flavorful thanks to the pistachio pudding mix. The almond extract really boosts the flavor, so I highly recommend it. They aren’t overly sweet, so the cream cheese frosting on top is the perfect compliment. And of course the chopped pistachios on top add a yummy crunch. They are absolutely delicious, and I hope you’ll give them a try!
Try some of our other favorite cookie bar recipes:
- Cinnamon Roll Sugar Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- Maraschino Cherry Cookie Bars
Pistachio Sugar Cookie Bars Recipe
- Cream butter, dry pudding mix, and sugar in a large mixing bowl till creamy. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and almond extract. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Press dough into the bottom of a greased 9x13" pan. Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes, or till lightly browned on the edges. Cool completely, then frost. Garnish with chopped pistachios.
- Beat cream cheese and butter in a small mixing bowl till smooth. Add remaining ingredients and beat till smooth and creamy.
- Spread over cooled bars and sprinkle chopped pistachios on top.
Mmmm… These look SO yummy! My hubby LOVES pistachio, so I might have to make these for him. 😉
Thanks for sharing with us Kara!
For more delicious recipes by her, go visit her over at Creations by Kara.