Hi Lil Luna readers, I’m so happy to be visiting here again. If you don’t remember me, I’m Aimee from Like Mother, Like Daughter, where my mom and I share our favorite recipes and more.
Today I’m here to share an amazing pumpkin cinnamon roll recipe with you. These pumpkin cinnamon rolls, have the perfect pumpkinny fall flavor to make a perfect fall breakfast or dessert. Plus, they’re topped with an amazing cream cheese frosting. Sounds delicious, right?
I think these would be the perfect thing to make for breakfast on Thanksgiving, or really any day of the week, because they only take about 15 minutes of work, 45 minutes of rising, and another 15 minutes for baking and then voila a delicious and amazing breakfast that I just know you’ll love!
- ¾ cup milk
- warmed 1 TBS yeast
- ⅔ cup pumpkin
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 egg
- 4 cups flour
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 TBS cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- For the Frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 and ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 and ½ TBS milk
- Dissolve your yeast in your warmed milk in a large bowl for about 3 minutes.
- Add in your pumpkin, butter, brown sugar, salt, eggs, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon into your milk. Mix everything together.
- When the dough starts to pull from the edges, knead for 5 minutes until a large ball is formed. Remove your dough ball from the bowl and spray the bowl with nonstick spray. Put your dough back into the bowl and cover your bowl with a towel. Leave it to rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes until it doubles in size.
- Lightly flour your counter top and roll your dough into a rectangle, about ¼ inch thick and about 16x22.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat your dough with your melted butter, covering completely.
- Combine your brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice.
- Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over the surface of your dough covering completely.
- Roll your dough from the top edge to the bottom edge (so the roll is 22 inches).
- Carefully cut your roll into 1 inch slices and place them in a lightly greased baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 14-15 minutes.
- While they are baking combine your ingredients for the frosting. Add a little more powdered sugar or a little more milk if you need to change the consistency of your frosting.
- Remove the rolls from the oven when their done and allow them to cool for a few minutes before applying the frosting generously.
Enjoy these delicious pumpkin cinnamon rolls for a fall breakfast or dessert!
If you like these pumpkin cinnamon rolls, I think you’ll like these too: Cinnamon Rolls
Pumpkin + Cinnamon Rolls?! Don’t think you can go wrong with that!!
Head to Like Mother, Like Daughter for more great recipes from Aimee. 🙂
For more great pumpkin creations, be sure to check out:
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!