Hi there! It’s Fiona from Just So Tasty, and today I’m stopping in to share these fluffy pumpkin waffles.
Now that fall is officially here and pumpkin season is in full swing, making pumpkin waffles seemed like the perfect idea. As much as I love pancakes and french toast – I think waffles are a little more special.
Plus, waffles are perfect for drizzling lots of maple syrup 🙂
These pumpkin waffles are packed with flavor because we’re using pumpkin, melted butter, a little brown sugar for a delicious caramel taste, and lots of cinnamon. Every bite tastes like fall, and they’re perfect with syrup or a spoonful of vanilla ice cream.
Then they have a super fluffy texture for a few key reasons. First, make sure all the ingredients are room temperature before getting started. Then we’re using 2 eggs for tenderness, pumpkin adds moisture, and buttermilk creates the fluffiest texture.
If you don’t have buttermilk, you can use regular milk and a little vinegar instead. Either way – you’ll end up with perfectly fully pumpkin waffles.
To cook the waffles, just make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for your waffle maker. Always preheat the waffle iron first to medium-high heat, then lightly grease right before pouring in the batter. If you like your waffles with softer edges, you won’t need to cook them for quite as long. Or you can cook them a little longer for crispier waffle ridges.
We absolutely loved these pumpkin waffles because they’re packed with pumpkin and fall flavors. Plus they’re so easy to make. They’re such a delicious fall breakfast, and if you’re looking for a new pumpkin recipe – then you definitely need to try these pumpkin waffles!
Pumpkin Waffles recipe:
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- one 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1¾ cup buttermilk (or 1 tablespoon vinegar mixed with 1¾ cup milk)
- Preheat the waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, eggs and pumpkin puree. Then whisk in the milk.
- Gently for the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Lightly grease the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Then cook the waffles according to the manufacturer's instructions.
I love pumpkin and can’t wait to try these!! Thank you Fiona for sharing! Check out, Just So Tasty for more great recipes from Fiona!
For another yummy recipe from Fiona, check out: