Valentine’s is already over!! Did you have a good Valentine’s Day?? I sure did!! Mom loved the card I gave her, and I loved all the yummy food my mom made. 😉
Do you know that Easter is coming up?? Usually it’s in April, but this year it’s in March, which means it’s coming up soon. Because of that, we decided to make some treats sooner this year. We made these Rice Krispies Easter Cups. They’re kind of like the Easter Basket Cookie Cups we made last year but they’re a Rice Krispies version. They were more delicious than the cookie version (although those are really good too!!) The best part was the Cadbury Eggs on top. They are the best! You don’t have to use this candy for yours but they were really yummy. You could also use Robin Eggs or even Easter M&Ms. 😉
If you are looking for a fun and simple Easter treat, try this recipe. I know you’ll love it!!
Here are video instructions:
Here is the printable recipe:
- 1 - 16 oz. bag Marshmallows (mini or regular size work)
- 7 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 TB butter
- Easter Egg Candies
- Green food coloring
- ½ C. Unsalted butter
- 3-4 C. Powdered sugar
- ¼ C. Milk
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Grease cupcake pans and set aside.
- Melting marshmallows and butter in a microwave safe bowl (I cooked mine for about 2 minutes but kept a close eye and made sure they weren't puffing up too much and falling out of the bowl.)
- Stir together until well blended and pour in Rice Krispies. Stir until well combined.
- Pour into greased cupcake pan and press down with wax paper.
- Let set for half hour.
- Combine butter, milk, vanilla and 2 cups of your powdered sugar in a large bowl. Mix till smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes. Then add the remaining powdered sugar and food coloring of your choice.
- Pipe your frosting into your cookie cups and top with Easter egg candies. ENJOY!
The marshmallows puffed up a lot!
Add a dollop of frosting in the middle first and then pipe around it. 😉
Add your candies!
YUMMY! YUMMY! YUMMY!!
I hope you can come back again soon for more yummy treats from me.
For more Easter treats, check out:
Stay tuned for even more Easter creations!
And don’t forget to make these for an Easter party – you’ll love them!!
For all Sweet Treats by me go HERE.
For all recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
BEHIND THE SCENES AT LILLUNA.COM:
We all LOVED these Easter cups!!
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!