I wasn’t exactly sure what to get the kids’ teachers this year for Christmas, so I was grateful that Michael’s asked me to come up with a Simple Gift Idea which forced me to head out to the store and get a little creative. I admit it’s super easy to go simple and grab a gift card, but I wanted the gift to be a little more thoughtful. With that in mind, I went to the store trying to think of what I’d want as a teacher and I thought I’d love a bunch of my “favorite things.”
With “favorite things” in mind I went and picked out some cute items that I knew would fit in the large Ball jar I found at Michael’s. I found most of the items near the front of the store and in the dollar section and also bought a Gift Card, because who doesn’t LOVE gift cards?!
Then I bought a few more items to make this jar into a cute Santa Jar Gift. It was super easy to make and I think it’s perfect! It’s simple, not too expensive and is filled with tons of small gifts which are always my favorite.
Here is what you’ll need to make it too…
– Large Ball Jar
– Red Paper Grass
– Gold Scrapbook Paper
– Gold Spray Paint
– Small Gifts (bought all of mine in the dollar section at Michael’s)
– Gift Card
1. Fill your jar with red paper grass. Then I filled it with the goodies I knew my daughter’s teacher would love.
2. I made Santa’s belt buckle by cutting out a rectangle from gold scrapbook paper and cutting 2 slits on the sides. I added some ribbon through the slits and tied it around the jar right at the top of where the red paper ended so it looked like Santa’s pants.
3. From there I spray painted the lid gold just because I Thought it would match better with the gold belt buckle. I then added a cut tag on top and tied it on with some black and white twine.
I know how easy it is to give candy or a gift card to a teacher, but I wanted it to look extra special to show the appreciation we have for her in all that she does for our Lily. I mean, let’s face it, being a teacher is HARD WORK and requires a ton of patience (the kind I don’t have), so I really appreciate teachers and all they do for our children. 🙂
I love how it turned out and hope Lily’s teacher loves it too!
For more simple Christmas Jar Gifts check out:
And for even MORE great gift ideas be sure to check out these great projects:
[inlinkz_linkup id=470414 noentry=1 mode=1]
- If you’re looking for the perfect gift for your loved ones this year, check out Michaels gift guide.
- Not only did I get to make creative holiday gifts from Michaels, but I also decorated an Awesome Christmas Tree! If you haven’t gotten around to putting up your tree yet, the Michaels Makers Dream Tree Reveal and Decorating Tips posts are a must see!!
- Can’t think of what you’re going to give your craftiest friends this season? There are some great projects on Michaels’ DIY Gift Ideas Pinterest board that might spark your interest!
For all Christmas ideas on the site go HERE.
For all gift ideas go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂