This Snickerdoodle Bread is so delicious and easy (no yeast involved)! It’s filled with cinnamon chips and topped with cinnamon and sugar!
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
I about died when my mom tried out this new recipe for Snickerdoodle Bread. She found the recipe from Barbara Bakes and made a few modifications. It was a huge hit and since then we’ve made it at least two dozen times (yes, we love it that much!!)
If you like bread and you like Snickerdoodles, you will definitely LOVE this recipe! I love that it doesn’t involve yeast. I’m not a yeast expert so it still scares me a bit, which means I love this recipe even more. The bad part? Cinnamon chips are usually only seasonal and can be found at most grocery stores during the holidays. Although few stores carry them the rest of the year, you can always order them online at the Hershey’s Store. I have seen them at Walmart through out the year but I have readers who couldn’t find them. Having said that, be sure to stock up when you do see them so you can make this bread whenever you like.
As I mentioned, this bread is quite addicting. If you are a fan of cinnamon and sugar (or know someone that is), then you gotta try this. I highly recommend it and have yet to meet someone who didn’t like this recipe. 😉
For video instructions on how to make this delicious quick bread, watch the video below:
MY OTHER RECIPES
Snickerdoodle Bread recipe:
- 2½ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 package Hershey's Cinnamon Chips
- 3 TB sugar
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- Cream butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon until fluffy. Add eggs and mix well.
- Add vanilla and sour cream and mix well.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add to wet ingredients and mix until all combined.
- Add cinnamon chips and stir into batter. Set aside.
- Spoon batter into 4 mini loaf pans until about ⅔ full.
- Mix 3 T. sugar and 3 t. cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle over the batter in each loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. Let cool before removing from pan.
Products Featured in this Recipe:
NOTES FROM OTHER READERS FOR SNICKERDOODLE BREAD:
- This recipe makes 4-6 mini loaves depending on the size of pan you use. I prefer to use the small aluminum pans and make 5 loaves.
- For a Gluten-Free version please visit Suburban Prairie Homemaker
- Can be made in 2 large loaf pans. Bake at 350 for about 60-70 minutes (until a toothpick inserted comes out clean).
- Cinnamon Chips are a seasonal item. You can find them at Hersheys.com online OR if you are in AZ, Albertson’s carries them (woo hoo!!)
- If you can’t find cinnamon chips, many readers have tried TOFFEE CHIPS or WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS and said they turned out great!!
- For a healthier version you can substitute the sour cream for greek vanilla yogurt.
- You can make these as muffins (makes about 2 dozen) – bake for about 20 minutes.
Be sure to check out our favorite Snickerdoodle cookie recipe too:
For more SNICKERDOODLE creations, check out these amazing recipes:
BEHIND THE SCENES:
This Post was updated on 7.1.13 with new images of the recipe.