Did you know it’s WAFFLE DAY today? You probably didn’t even know the day existed, and I didn’t either until I was looking on a holiday calendar awhile back. In celebration of this silly holiday I thought I’d share with you a new recipe we recently tried out that is perfect to celebrate today with.
They’re Snickerdoodle Waffles… yes, Cinnamon and Sugar covered waffles that are sure to make you smile.
I’m not lying when I say that we have waffles at our house at least once or twice a month. The whole family loves them, and it’s a quick and easy recipe making it that much better. I knew I had to try a new version when I saw these Churro Waffles on Chica Chocolatina. I made just a few changes and when they kids said they tasted like Snickerdoodles, I knew I needed to call them Snickerdoodle Waffles instead.
I warn that they can be pretty rich (kinda like cinnamon rolls), but they are oh-so heavenly and were very easy to make. 🙂
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 TB sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cup milk warm
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- Topping Ingredients below
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a bowl mix flour, baking powder salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl beat 2 eggs. Add warm milk, ⅓ cup melted butter, vanilla and almond extract. Mix well and add to your dry ingredient bowl.
- Add 1 tsp. cinnamon to your waffle mixture. Pour into waffle iron and cook.
- While waffles are cooking melt ½ cup butter in a bowl. Also place ¾ cup sugar and ¼ cup cinnamon in pan (for the topping).
- When waffles are done quickly dip in melted butter and then sprinkle on a tablespoon or two of the sugar/cinnamon mixture. *You can also use the spray on butter instead if you prefer.
- Serve warm and ENJOY!
How delicious does this look?!
These waffles were great! I had thought of making Homemade Buttermilk Syrup to go with them and then realized I was glad I didn’t because they were already very rich as they were.
I was glad the kids liked them but shortly realized that they would be crazy if they hadn’t liked them. They were practically eating dessert for breakfast when they had these – lol! 🙂
For more Yummy Breakfast dishes be sure to check out:MY OTHER RECIPES
For all Breakfast recipes go HERE.
For all Lil’ Luna recipes go HERE.
Happy National Waffle Day, friends! Hope you can have some waffles for breakfast (or dinner) today to celebrate. 🙂
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂