Hi, it’s me Vera from OMG Chocolate Desserts! I’m so happy to share my recipes with you guys. again If you thought I’d show you some cheesecake as the last few times, you’re wrong! Today, it’s really simple and easy one bowl cupcake recipe. Although the recipe is simple, these cupcakes are really special. Sparkling Cider Cupcakes definitely have to be on your New Year’s menu, since special occasions require a special treat.
We all look forward to New Year’s Eve but for most of the ladies it usually means hours and hours spent in the kitchen, preparing holiday table. This recipe will save your time and effort. You should combine dry and wet ingredients in one bowl, mix a little, and your cupcakes are ready for baking. Buttercream frosting is also really simple to make, you won’t need more than 10 minutes to finish it and when you add some golden pearls or sprinkles on top, your festive dessert is ready. If you take this festive treat to New Year’s party I’m sure it will be a hit.
These cupcakes are inspired by Champagne Cupcakes from Life, Love and Sugar. I wanted to make a non-alcoholic version of this festive dessert so instead of champagne I poured some sparkling cider into vanilla cupcake batter and spiked my favorite vanilla buttercream frosting with it. They came out perfect. The cake was not too fluffy, but not too dense either, and they were really moist and flavorful. And just to make them extra special I topped the cupcakes with a layer of melted white chocolate first, then piped the frosting.
Sparkling cider, white chocolate and cupcakes is perfect combo, it’s great way to celebrate upcoming holidays.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
Sparkling Cider Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4-5 tbsp sparkling cider
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line standard cupcake pan with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together dry ingredients-flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add softened butter, egg whites, vanilla, greek yogurt and sparkling cider and mix on medium speed just until smooth, but do not over mix!!!
- Fill cupcake liners maximum ⅔ full and bake for 18-20 minutes. Cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate and spread with a spoon on top of each cupcakes, place in the fridge to set while making frosting.
- Mix the butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at the time and mix until smooth.
- Mix in vanilla and sparkling cider and top the cupcakes.
- Store in the fridge.
Check more Vera’s delicious cupcakes:
Don’t these Sparkling Cider Cupcakes look so good?! I cannot wait to try them for New Years!
For more great recipes from her be sure to head to OMG Chocolate Desserts. 😉
For more yummy treats from Vera, check out:
You drooling yet?! I am!! YUM!