These quick and simple Strawberry Cookies are flavored perfectly with jello mix, and full of sweet white chocolate chips.
Made with Jell-O Mix!
I LOVE finding new and yummy cookie recipes to try out. I often turn to Pinterest to find some new ones and am amazed at all the cookie concoctions people have made.
There was a recipe I recently found for Cherry White Chocolate Pudding Cookies… sounds heavenly, right? I knew I had to give it a try and decided to change it up just a bit and made a Strawberry cookies version.
Let me tell ya – pure heaven! The jell-o and pudding mix in the recipe are the perfection additions and makes the cookies so addicting and chewy! White chocolate chips are the best bet to add with these cookies because they also add flavor that isn’t too overpowering on the flavor of jello used.
Because we love strawberries so much, we definitely will be making these more often but may need to try the original cherry version as well.
How to Make them!
PREP. Preheat oven to 350°F.
DOUGH. Cream butter, sugar and jello together. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to butter mixture. Mix well. Stir in white chocolate chips.
BAKE. Spoon onto a greased baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes.
Change it Up
Pudding: If you don’t want to use white chocolate pudding you can use vanilla instant pudding or even instant cream cheese pudding. The only difference would be the flavor of the cookies. In any case make sure that you buy INSTANT pudding and use only the dry powder in the cookies. Do not make it into pudding.
Change the flavor by substituting the strawberry Jello powder with another flavor such as raspberry or cherry. Just like with the pudding you will not be making jello just using the Jello powder. I did use the JELL-O brand and not a generic version.
To keep these strawberry white chocolate chip cookies as soft for as long as possible keep them STORED in an airtight container. Also place a piece of white bread in the container along with the cookies. When properly stored the cookies will last for about a week.
Can I freeze this dough for later? You should be fine to freeze this dough. You can either roll it into a log and freeze altogether, or roll it into individual balls to freeze and easily bake later.
- Log: once you have the dough rolled into a log shape wrap it with plastic wrap and again with foil. Label and freeze for 1-2 months.
- Dough Balls: form the dough into balls, place them all on a baking sheet and put the sheet into the freezer. Once the dough balls are frozen transfer them to a freezer safe airtight container. Freeze for 1-2 months.
For more strawberry treats, check out:
- Strawberry Frosted Sugar Cookies
- Strawberry Lemonade Sugar Cookies
- No Bake Strawberry Nutella Cheesecake
- Strawberry Shortcake Poke Cake
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
Strawberry Cookie Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter, sugar and jello together. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to butter mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Spoon onto a greased baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes. ENJOY!