I LOVE me a good simple pasta dish! I have a few staple recipes that we use on a regular basis, but I’m always in search of new ones to add to our meals. We do pasta all year long, so it doesn’t hurt to have lots of different go-to recipes. Today’s Tried and True recipe is for Veggie Pasta Salad, and will be going on the list of our favorite recipes. It is delicious and since I am trying to be better at eating my veggies, this recipe makes it simple to do that. It’s full of vegetables and the vinaigrette dressing really livens them up and gives a great, simple taste that even I, the veggie hater, cannot deny!
For us AZ folks, summer is just around the corner but, I wouldn’t wait till then to try out this pasta salad. It really is amazing!
Here’s the recipe:
- 12 oz. bow tie pasta
- 1 medium roma tomato
- 1 medium summer squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium broccoli crown
- ½ medium red onion
- ½ can olives, sliced
- ½ bunch parsley
- grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 TB dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Add broccoli in the last minute of cooking. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare vegetables by washing and cutting into bite sized pieces. Start with your broccoli, so you can add it to the boiling pasta when ready. Parsley can be removed from stems and chopped.
- While the pasta is cooling, prepare the vinaigrette dressing by whisking together the vegetable oil, olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, oregano, minced garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl
- Combine all ingredients and stir until everything is well. Top off with grated Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
Recipe adapted from Budget Bytes.
HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 8
ANY CHANGES MADE: Used less tomato and we took out the red peppers and added more olives.
ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: After some complaints, we’ll add the red peppers back in next time. They were missed (but probably not missed by the kids).
Here are some more awesome pasta salad recipes from here on the site:
For all side dish recipes, go HERE.
For all recipes, go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!