Sweet Potato Chili Recipe
Hearty and filling sweet potato chili is a delicious take on a classic chili recipe, especially if you're a fan of sweet potatoes!
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced stewed tomatoes with chili seasonings
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (12oz) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn drained
Peel and cube sweet potatoes. Place in a microwaveable bowl with ½ cup water and cook for 4 minutes.
Place sweet potatoes, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, and all seasonings in a slow cooker on high for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Brown beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain and discard any excess grease.
Add cooked ground beef, black beans, and corn to the slow cooker. Cook an additional 1-2 hours, until flavors have blended together. Serve warm.
TRIED & TRUE FINDINGS:
- DIFFICULTY: easy
- HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 8
- ANY CHANGES MADE: no onion, celery, cayenne pepper, or turkey, used less chili powder and cinnamon. Added corn and more ground beef.
- ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none
Calories: 298kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 16gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 91mgPotassium: 513mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 6460IUVitamin C: 4.8mgCalcium: 32mgIron: 2.3mg