Crock Pot Veggie and Chicken Recipe
Crock Pot Veggies and Chicken recipe which is a new family favorite. It's so simple and filled with your favorite veggies, pineapple and chicken!
- 1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 medium carrots sliced, about 3/4 cups
- 8 oz pineapple chunks in unsweetened juice, drained, reserving juice
- 2 cups rice (minute or long grain, your choice)
- 1/2 cup sweet and sour sauce purchased of our yummy homemade sauce
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp ginger root paste
- 1 cup snow peas fresh
Mix chicken pieces and soy sauce together in a 4-quart crock pot. Stir in carrots and reserved pineapple juice, until well combined.
Cover; cook on low setting for 4 to 5 hours.
In the meantime, mix together ½ cup sweet-and-sour sauce, cornstarch, and ginger root in a small bowl. Stir into chicken mixture. Gently add in your pea pods, and pineapple chunks. Increase to high heat; cover and cook an additional 20-25 minutes or until pea pods are crisp-tender.
Serve chicken over cooked rice (keep in mind that long grain rice takes at least 30 minutes to cook, so prepare accordingly).
Calories: 505kcalCarbohydrates: 83gProtein: 31gFat: 3gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 810mgPotassium: 693mgFiber: 2gSugar: 20gVitamin A: 4345IUVitamin C: 18.8mgCalcium: 50mgIron: 1.8mg