Kale Salad Recipe
Sweet Kale Salad is topped with chunks of apple, candied pecans, dried cranberries, and bacon, served with a homemade sweet dijon vinaigrette!
- 6 cups kale chopped
- 1 apple cut into 1/4-inch chunks
- 2/3 cups candied pecans whole or coarsely chopped
- 6 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cups dried cranberries
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp shallot coarsley chopped
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp apple cider or apple juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp. coarse kosher sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cups olive oil or mild tasting oil
In a medium serving bowl combine kale, apple, pecans, bacon, and cranberries
In a small food processor combine the ingredients for the dressing. Pulse until creamy and emulsified.
Toss salad in dressing and serve immediately.
- You can easily add feta or gorgonzola cheese, roasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas) or grilled chicken to make this a more substantial salad.
- Don't like kale? Swap it out for shave brussels sprouts or a mixed greens!
Serving: 4gCalories: 493kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 10gFat: 35gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 734mgPotassium: 670mgFiber: 2gSugar: 24gVitamin A: 10081IUVitamin C: 123mgCalcium: 186mgIron: 2mg