Cabbage Soup Recipe
Cabbage Soup is an easy healthy soup loaded with fresh veggies. Warm up with a cup of this low calorie and low carb delicious soup!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onion diced (~1/2 onion)
- 1 cup celery chopped (~2 stalks)
- 1 1/2 cups carrots peeled and sliced (~5 carrots)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups green cabbage (~1/2 head)
- 1 15 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Parmesan Rind optional
- Parmesan Cheese shaved
- Italian parsley chopped
Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes or until translucent, stirring occasionally.
Add in the celery and carrots and cook another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the garlic and cook another 30 seconds.
Add in the chicken broth, cabbage, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes or until cabbage is wilted.
Ladle soup into bowl and top with parsley and shaved Parmesan cheese.
Calories: 106kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 2gFat: 5gSodium: 1104mgPotassium: 522mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 5505IUVitamin C: 47.8mgCalcium: 84mgIron: 1.3mg