Crock Pot Lo Mein Recipe
Deliciously saucy Crock Pot Chicken Lo Mein is filled with edamame, snow peas making it an easy favorite dinner recipe.
- 3 chicken breasts cubed
- 14 oz dried linguine or pasta of your choice
- 1/2 green bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 medium carrot sliced
- 1 c snow peas trimmed
- 1 c frozen edamame shelled
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 3 tbsp cold water
- sesame seeds optional garnish
- 2/3 c low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 c low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1/2 c Yoshida's Sweet Teriyaki Original Gourmet Sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 tbsp ginger ground or minced
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes optional
- dash garlic salt
Line a Crock pot with a disposable liner, or spray with non stick cooking spray. Add chicken and season it with salt and pepper.
Sauce: In a medium bowl add all the ingredients to make the sauce and mix together. Pour over the chicken in the crock pot.
Cover the pot and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours or on HIGH for 1 1/2-2 hours. Stir once halfway through.
Add the bell peppers, peas, edamame and carrots.
Place the cornstarch and cold water into a small bowl and stir until smooth. Add it to the crock pot and mix. Cook on High Heat for about 30 minutes until the sauce thickens.
Meanwhile cook the noodles according to the package. Drain.
After sauce has thickened add the noodles. Stir in the noodles to coat them with the sauce. Add any garlic salt, salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with sesame seeds and serve hot.
Calories: 286kcalCarbohydrates: 40gProtein: 23gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 878mgPotassium: 534mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 1384IUVitamin C: 21mgCalcium: 36mgIron: 2mg