Chicken Kabob Recipe
Sweet and savory Chicken Kabobs are a perfect summer grilled dish. They are packed with veggies AND flavor!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 red bell peppers cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 yellow bell peppers cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 zucchinis cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 pineapple cut into 2 inch chunks
- metal skewers (if you using wood skewers, soak in water before using)
Make marinade by combining oil, honey, soy sauce, pepper and minced garlic.
Split marinade into two gallon-size Ziploc bags. Add chicken chunks to one and vegetable/fruit pieces to the other bag and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat the grill to low-medium heat.
Drain marinade from chicken and put chicken pieces in a bowl. Pour vegetables with marinade into another bowl.
Thread chicken and vegetable and fruit alternately onto metal skewers.
Place skewers on lightly oiled grill grate. Cook skewers making sure to baste with reserve veggie marinade at the end. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until juices run clear.
Calories: 309kcalCarbohydrates: 45gProtein: 28gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 1219mgPotassium: 856mgFiber: 3gSugar: 37gVitamin A: 1189IUVitamin C: 157mgCalcium: 41mgIron: 2mg