Zuppa Toscana Recipe
Bring the taste of Italy home with this creamy and delicious Copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana soup. The whole family loves this soup!
- 6-7 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 16 oz Jimmy Dean Italian Sausage
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 32 oz chicken stock (or broth)
- 6-7 cups water
- 4 medium potatoes russet, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 cups kale leaves chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- garlic salt with parsley flakes
- pepper to taste
- shaved Parmesan cheese optional topping
In a large pot, cook bacon until crisp, then remove bacon out onto a paper-towel lined plate and reserve a few tablespoons of the grease.
Add sauce and garlic to the pot and cook until browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
Add water and stock to the pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add potatoes and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add kale, sausage, most of the bacon, whipping cream and salt and pepper and cook an additional 6-8 minutes.
Top with reserved bacon and shaved Parmesan if desired.
Calories: 394kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 15gFat: 34gSaturated Fat: 14gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 659mgPotassium: 401mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 2163IUVitamin C: 21mgCalcium: 61mgIron: 1mg