Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe
Super easy spinach ricotta Stuffed Peppers are full cheesy goodness. They are perfect for meatless Monday or dinner with vegetarian friends!
- 2 TB vegetable oil divided
- 3/4 c diced onion
- 3 c chopped baby spinach chopped - about 6 oz
- salt and pepper to taste to taste
- 2 yellow bell peppers cut in half, seeds removed
- 1 1/2 c ricotta part-skim
- 6 TB parmesan cheese grated
- 10 oz container grape or cherry tomatoes
For the Garnish
- parmesan cheese grated
- fresh flat parsley or basil
Preheat oven to 425.
Place tomatoes in a 9x13 pan and drizzle with ½ tablespoon olive oil. Salt and pepper. Set aside.
Heat remaining 1½ tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion until translucent and soft. Add the garlic and spinach and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Mix ricotta and Parmesan together. Add in the spinach mixture and stuff into peppers. Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese and arrange in the pan with the tomatoes.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Garnish with more Parmesan and some fresh parsley or basil.
Serve over rice, orzo, or quinoa.
Calories: 297kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 15gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 225mgPotassium: 546mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 3045IUVitamin C: 133.9mgCalcium: 323mgIron: 1.8mg