Homemade pesto that you will fall in love with how delicious it is. Put it on all of your favorite foods or use a sauce for pizzas and in pastas.
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves packed
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 1/2 cups Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese shredded
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Using a food processor, pulse basil, parsley, and garlic for about 30 seconds until combined and basil is finely chopped. Add pine nuts and process until fine, about 30 seconds more. Grind in cheese.
While machine is running, add lemon juice and slowly drizzle in olive oil. Mix until fully incorporated and pesto is thoroughly combined. Transfer to a bowl, and salt and pepper to taste.
TRIED & TRUE FINDINGS:
- DIFFICULTY: easy
- HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 2 cups
- ANY CHANGES MADE: added more olive oil, used minced garlic
- ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none
Calories: 1404kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 37gFat: 137gSaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 1210mgPotassium: 655mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 3750IUVitamin C: 22.9mgCalcium: 999mgIron: 6.7mg