Pumpkin Custard Recipe
This pumpkin custard dessert is a cinch to prepare and will satisfy that pumpkin craving! It's rich and creamy and full of pumpkin spice with a delicious nutty, crunch topping.
- 1 (15 oz) can solid pack pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 2/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- 1 TB butter melted
- Whipped cream, ground cinnamon and chopped pecans, optional
Preheat oven to 350
In a large bowl, beat together the first six ingredients. Pour into 3 greased 10-oz cups.
Place cups in a 9x13 baking pan; pour hot water around cups to a depth of 1 in. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine brown sugar, pecans and melted butter. After custard has baked for 20 minutes, sprinkle over the top and bake an additional 35-40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm or chilled; top with whipped cream, cinnamon and more chopped pecans if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
TRIED & TRUE FINDINGS:
- DIFFICULTY: easy
- HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 3
- ANY CHANGES MADE: added more pecans to top - cooked for a longer amount of time.
- ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none
Calories: 496kcalCarbohydrates: 71gProtein: 7gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 149mgSodium: 515mgPotassium: 268mgSugar: 65gVitamin A: 615IUVitamin C: 0.7mgCalcium: 168mgIron: 1.4mg