Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
The BEST Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe made in the crock pot. This soup is packed with flavorful ingredients including chicken, tomatoes, corn, beans, green chilis, & lots of seasonings!
- 1 lb chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 6 c chicken stock
- 15 oz can corn drained
- 1 1/2 15 oz can diced tomatoes drained
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 c chopped onion (optional)
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 small can diced green chilis
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- monterey jack cheese shredded
- corn tortillas for homemade tortilla strips - you can use store bought strips
- cubed avocados for topping
Cook and shred (or cube) chicken.
Add all the ingredients, except the cheese, corn tortilla strips and avocados to your crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours (or high for 3-4 hours).
Add cheese just before serving, and top each serving with your favorite toppings (we like corn tortilla strips and avocado).
To make homemade corn tortilla strips, slice up corn tortillas with a pizza cutter. Flash Fry in hot oil or bake in the oven at 425 for 8-10 minutes turning halfway through. ENJOY!
Calories: 288kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 27gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 1132mgPotassium: 781mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 55IUVitamin C: 3.9mgCalcium: 27mgIron: 1.9mg