Curry Chicken Recipe
Delicious Coconut Curry Chicken is packed with flavor! Serve with rice or bread for a perfect chicken curry meal.
Prep Time 10 minutes mins
Cook Time 25 minutes mins
Total Time 35 minutes mins
Course Main Course
Calories 286 kcal
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic minced
- 1 lb. chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 carrots cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 russet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tbsp. yellow curry powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp. red curry paste
- 1 14 oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- 3 c. low-sodium chicken vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
In a large skillet set over medium heat, add oil. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add chicken and brown, about 3 minutes per side. Add carrots and potatoes, cook until lightly browned. Stir in curry powder and curry pastes. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Whisk in coconut milk, broth, sugar, and fish sauce. Gently simmer (covered or uncovered) for 20 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are cooked through.
Remove from heat and serve with rice and garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- Swap the chicken for 1 can of drained chickpeas, for a vegetarian curry.
- Add chopped roasted cashews or peanuts for added protein and crunch.
Calories: 286kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 28gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 186mgPotassium: 822mgFiber: 4gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 5765IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 84mgIron: 4.1mg
Keyword Coconut Curry Chicken