Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
Hello, Lil’ Luna reader!
I’m Kierste, from brown paper packages, and I’m delighted to be here,
and share with you a fun, simple project.
I have been on a wood kick lately, and when I see 4×4 posts, my mind swirls with all the possibilities. So, when I needed to come up with an idea for a baptism gift (our church baptizes at age 8–CTR stands for Choose the Right) for one of my friend’s little girls, I knew just what I wanted to do.The beauty of this project is that you can put whatever you want on them. Words, monograms, colors–it’s easy to make it your own. It’s also super easy, and the end result is darling! CTR Blocks
- 4×4 posts, cut into squares
- craft paint
- scrapbook paper
- mod podge and foam brush
- vinyl letters
1. Paint your blocks, and let them dry completely.
2. Cut your scrapbook paper into 3 inch squares–1 per block.
3. Using Mod Podge, apply the paper onto the blocks. Go lightly–you don’t need a lot, and if you use too much, it will bubble up. Let dry completely.
4. Sand all the edges of your block, and the rougher top and bottom. Gently apply the stain using a lint-free rag (Minwax Dark Walnut). A little will go a long away, so start with just a tiny bit and rub it on.
5. Add your vinyl, and you’re done! Tie a ribbon on one of the blocks, and it’s gift-ready!
Come on by brown paper packages, and say hi…I’d love to have you!
So super cute and fun! Thank you so much, Kierste!
Be sure to go and check out her SITE. You won’t be disappointed.
There are so many great ideas there!
For more great LDS Church projects be sure to check out:
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!