Who doesn’t love bread?! It’s a family favorite for us – whether it involves yeast or not!
Here are some of our top tips to keep in mind when making bread:
- HOW MUCH YEAST TO USE: 1 package of yeast = 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast measured out
- TESTING YEAST: To make sure yeast is still good, mix 2 1/4 tsp yeast with 1 tsp sugar and 1/2 cup warm water. Let sit for 8-10 minutes. If it bubbles and has a yeast-like smell, then it’s still good. If it doesn’t, the yeast is old and no longer working.
- TO FREEZE BREAD: Let it cool completely and then double wrap in plastic wrap and then place in a freezer safe Ziploc bag. When you want to reheat it you can place it in the oven and warm it until ready to go.
So many reasons to love quick bread…
- They DO NOT require yeast, which is great for emergency situations when yeast may be hard to find!
- They’re QUICK (hence the reason why they are called quick breads). Since yeast is not involved, you do not have to let the bread rise, which cuts down on the time to make.
- Quick bread recipes are great for BEGINNERS. They usually just require mixing the ingredients and baking!