My husband loves Pistachios!
His favorite pudding is pistachio.
His favorite nuts are pistachios.
His favorite Blue Bell Ice Cream flavor is Pistachio Almond.
Pretty much, if it has Pistachios, he LOVES it!! I guess I can’t blame him because the flavor is delicious and isn’t as “nutty” as you may imagine it would taste like. In fact, I feel like I really can’t describe a pistachio flavor taste, other than it being straight up delicious!
It was some time last year that my mom said she wanted to try a Pistachio Bread knowing very well that Lorin would love it, and HE did. Problem was… we all loved it, so Lorin may not have gotten as much as he’d like. 😉
The best part about this bread is there is no yeast involved, which means it is pretty easy!
If you love easy bread recipes, you will definitely want to try this Frosted Pistachio Bread that is seriously SO delicious!!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 3.5 oz pistachio instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup oil
- ⅛ cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- Mix ingredients together until well combined. Set aside.
- Grease 2 regular size loaf pans and sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon (I use 2 TB sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon) on the inside.
- Pour half the batter into each pan. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine 2 cups powdered sugar, 2 TB melted butter, 1 tsp. almond extract, and 1 tsp. vanilla to make a glaze. Add a few tablespoons of milk, until it's the consistency that you like.
- Drizzle glaze over bread and sprinkle with chopped pistachios. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from HERE.
We love yummy breads at our home, especially sweet recipes, like this one!
This recipe would even be great for St. Patrick’s day since it’s green. I think I’ll make it then for the hubby. 😉
For more easy and delicious bread recipes, check out these other favorites:
For all Bread recipes go HERE.
For all Lil’ Luna recipes go HERE.
And get weekly emails with monthly freebies by signing up for the Lil’ Luna newsletter. 🙂