Easy and delicious Pistachio Bread is especially sweet. The best part is it’s glazed and involves no yeast!!
Frosted Pistachio Bread is perfectly holiday festive, but would even be great for St. Patrick’s day since it’s green. Complete that holiday spread with Lucky Charms Treats or the Best Christmas Dessert Recipes.
We LOVE pistachios!!
My husband loves Pistachios! His favorite pudding is pistachio. His favorite nuts are pistachios. His favorite Blue Bell Ice Cream flavor is Pistachio Almond. If it has Pistachios, he LOVES it!!
Which is why we decided to try today’s recipe for Pistachio Bread!
We really can’t call this a bread since it’s more like a cake (a cake mix is used as a shortcut for this recipe). And not only did he love it, but the whole family did too!
f you love easy bread recipes, you will definitely want to try this Frosted Pistachio Bread that is seriously SO delicious!!
how to make Pistachio Bread
MIX. Mix ingredients together until well combined. Set aside.
BAKE. Grease 2 regular size loaf pans and sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon (I use 2 TB sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon) on the inside. Pour half the batter into each pan. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Let cool.
GLAZE. Combine 2 cups powdered sugar, 2 TB melted butter, 1 tsp. almond extract, and 1 tsp. vanilla to make a glaze. Add a few tablespoons of milk, until it’s the consistency that you like.
ENJOY! Drizzle glaze over bread and sprinkle with chopped pistachios. Serve and enjoy!
Of course we love this bread any day of the year, but it is especially fun to serve for Christmas or St. Patrick’s Day! Here are a few tips to make it extra special:
- Add a few drops of green food coloring to the batter to make the bread even more green. Even the Grinch himself would approve!
- Add some crushed up pistachios to the batter if you’d like for some extra crunch.
- Loaves of this bread would make perfect gifts for friends and neighbors! Simply bake them in disposable foil pans, cover with plastic wrap when cooled and finish off with a festive bow.
- Make mini-loaves of bread make sure to fill your pans no more than ½ way full and check on them every 5 min after 25 min of cooking. Insert a toothpick into the bread and if it comes out clean you are good to go.
This bread can be made ahead and stored in the freezer for up to 6 months.
To STORE, make sure to cool the loaf first, then wrap tightly with plastic wrap and cover with some aluminum foil or pop the wrapped bread into a Ziploc freezer bag.
To FREEZE, wait to add the glaze to the top of the bread after it has defrosted.
For more bread recipes, check out:
- Snickerdoodle Bread
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Glazed Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Blueberry Bread
- Banana Bread
Pistachio Bread Recipe
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 3.4 oz. boxes pistachio instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- Mix ingredients together until well combined. Set aside.
- Grease 2 regular size loaf pans and sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon (I use 2 TB sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon) on the inside.
- Pour half the batter into each pan. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine 2 cups powdered sugar, 2 TB melted butter, 1 tsp. almond extract, and 1 tsp. vanilla to make a glaze. Add a few tablespoons of milk, until it's the consistency that you like.
- Drizzle glaze over bread and sprinkle with chopped pistachios. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from HERE.