Easy and delicious Pistachio Bread is especially sweet. The best part is it’s glazed and involves no yeast!!
Although it’s an uncommon flavor, we love pistachio around here! If you do too, try Pistachio Salad and our layered Pistachio Dessert.
Pistachio Quick Bread
My husband loves Pistachios! His favorite pudding is pistachio. His favorite nuts are pistachios. If it has Pistachios, he LOVES it!!
Today’s bread recipe also includes pistachios—both a sweet pistachio flavor for the base, as well as crushed up pistachios on top.
We really can’t call this a bread since it’s more like a cake (a cake mix is used as a shortcut for this recipe). But for kicks and giggles, let’s call it bread since it’s made in a bread pan. 😉
Because of the green color of the bread, we actually like to serve this for St. Patrick’s Day, but trust me, it’s perfect for any holiday or time of year!
We have a feeling you will love this delicious sweet, quick bread.
how to make Pistachio Bread
MIX. In a large bowl, whisk cake mix, pistachio pudding mix, eggs, oil, water, and sour cream together until well combined. Set aside.
BAKE. Grease 2 regular size loaf pans and sprinkle some cinnamon sugar (I use 2 TB sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon) on the inside. Pour half the batter into each pan. Bake in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
GLAZE. Combine 2 cups powdered sugar, 2 TB melted butter, 1 tsp. almond extract, and 1 tsp. vanilla to make a glaze. Add a few tablespoons of milk, until it’s the consistency that you like.
ENJOY! Drizzle glaze over bread and sprinkle with chopped pistachios. Serve and enjoy!
Of course we love this bread any day of the year, but it is especially fun to serve for Christmas or St. Patrick’s Day! Here are a few tips to make it extra special:
- Add a few drops of green food coloring to the batter to make the bread even more green. Even the Grinch himself would approve!
- Add some crushed up pistachios to the batter if you’d like for some extra crunch.
- Loaves of this bread would make perfect gifts for friends and neighbors! Simply bake them in disposable foil pans, cover with plastic wrap when cooled and finish off with a festive bow.
- Make mini-loaves of bread make sure to fill your pans no more than ½ way full and check on them every 5 min after 25 min of cooking. Insert a toothpick into the bread and if it comes out clean you are good to go.
Can this bread be made ahead of time? Yes. This bread can be made ahead and stored in the freezer for up to 6 months.
How to store? To store, make sure to cool the loaf first, then wrap tightly with plastic wrap and cover with some aluminum foil or pop the wrapped bread into a Ziploc freezer bag.
How to freeze? To freeze, wait to add the glaze to the top of the bread after it has defrosted.
For more Quick bread recipes, check out:
- Snickerdoodle Bread
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Glazed Lemon Zucchini Bread
- Blueberry Bread
- Banana Bread
- Almond Poppy Seed Bread
Pistachio Bread Recipe
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 3.4 oz. boxes pistachio instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- Mix ingredients together until well combined. Set aside.
- Grease 2 regular size loaf pans and sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon (I use 2 TB sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon) on the inside.
- Pour half the batter into each pan. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine 2 cups powdered sugar, 2 TB melted butter, 1 tsp. almond extract, and 1 tsp. vanilla to make a glaze. Add a few tablespoons of milk, until it's the consistency that you like.
- Drizzle glaze over bread and sprinkle with chopped pistachios. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from HERE.
My mix was extremely thick, it’s in the oven now!! Should it be thick????
Loved this recipe. It was a hit with everyone I shared it with.
Yay!! I’m so glad to hear that!
I made this for st. Patrick’s Day! I was in a hurry, and had all these ingredients on hand! I didn’t even have time to make the glaze, and everyone loved it! I can’t wait to make it with the glaze next time! My 10, 12, 19 and 21 year old daughters plus my husband and my parents raved over it! Thank you thank you thank you! I’m definitely putting this one in my recipe book!
You’re welcome!! I’m so glad to hear it was a hit. And ooh yeah, you’ll have to try the glaze on it. Takes it to the next level. 😉
Re: Your recipe for Pistachio Bread
do I use 8 x 8 pans
9 x 5 pans
This was fantastic!! Perfection
Sour cream: is this commercial sour cream or whipping cream that’s gone sour?
Holy cow! I just made this but a bundt cake. O M Geeeee! Everyone loved it. Great recipe definitely a keeper.
This recipe is a keeper. Not overly sweet. Just right. Easy and delish!
Can you use mascarpone in this recipe
See More Comments