This next recipe is one my mom tried out long ago. It’s one we’ve made different variations of since I was little. The reason we keep making it is because it’s easy and so delicious (plus, it’s the hubby’s FAV)! With him being such a huge pistachio and Shortbread Cookies fan, he was bound to love this recipe. And who can blame? With a shortbread cookie crust, cream cheese layer, pistachio pudding layer, and a topping of whipped cream, this pistachio cake is absolutely AMAZING!! It’s a cool treat so it’s great for summer, but we love to enjoy this recipe all year long! We’ve shared other similar recipes like this Lemon Lasagna and White Chocolate lasagna, so if you love today’s recipe you’ll also love these ones.
You can crush the Sandies as much as you want. I like mine with a few chunks, but if you want it very fine, throw them in the food processor. 😉
My mom used the mini Baking M&Ms for for the top but you can use sprinkles, crumbs or anything else you like. 🙂
We really hope you enjoy this pistachio pudding cake. It’s been one of our go-to recipes in our home and we think you’ll love it just as much as we did.
For more layered desserts, check out:
- 1 13 oz pkg shortbread cookies
- 3 TB butter, melted
- 2 boxes (3.4 oz) instant pistachio pudding
- 2¾ cup whole milk
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 small cartons cool whip, divided
- Smash shortbread cookies in a ziploc bag, till fine. Put crumbs in melted butter and press into a 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes in the oven until golden. Let cool.
- Smooth together cream cheese, sugar and 2 cups of your cool whip. Pour an even layer over crushed cookie crust.
- Mix the milk and pudding mix together till it thick. Pour over the cream cheese layer.
- Spread your remaining cool whip over the top and refrigerate.
Adapted from HERE.