The BEST and Easiest homemade Banana bread recipe. Everyone loves this no-yeast bread – it’s simple, moist, and SO delicious Perfect to make with over-ripe bananas!
SO “M” word + SO GOOD!
Banana bread is one of those bread recipes we’ve enjoyed our entire lives. We have tried so many different versions over the years, but today’s easy banana bread recipe is, by far, our favorite.
It’s SO moist (M word), SO simple and SO delicious.
We love that this quick bread is prepped in just about 5-10 minutes and then popped into the oven. It’s also topped with cinnamon and sugar which makes it even better!
When we first made it, it was gone in about .2 seconds and we knew that that we were in love. We now use this recipe any time we have over-ripe bananas sitting on the counter, which happens more than I care to admit.
We know you’ll love it too!
How to make Banana Bread
As I mentioned, making this recipe is SO EASY! We always have these ingredients on hand too, which means we make it ALL. THE. TIME! Here are the ingredients needed to make this recipe:
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- bananas, mashed
- brown sugar
- butter, melted
- cinnamon + sugar
DRY INGREDIENTS. In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
WET INGREDIENTS. In a separate bowl, mix together bananas, sugar, egg, and melted butter.
MIX. Fold in flour mixture, and stir until smooth. Scoop batter into a lightly greased bread loaf pan.. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
BAKE. Bake at 325 for 55 to 60 minutes.
Banana Bread Baking Tips:
- Line your bread pan with parchment paper. Leave a couple inches to fold over the top of the pan. Once the bread has been cooked use the parchment paper to easily lift the bread out of the pan. Cool and serve.
- Use an electric mixer to smash your bananas. Break each ripened banana into a few large pieces. Begin mixing at low speed gradually increasing the speed as the bananas begin to mash.
What if my bananas aren’t ripe enough?
There are a few ways to be sure you’re bananas are ripe enough when you are ready to make banana bread.
- Oven: Place the UNpeeled bananas on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes or until the peels have browned. Once they have cooled slice open the peels and scoop out the ripened center.
- Brown Paper Bag: If you can wait a day or two, then use the brown bag method. (this also works to ripen other fruits such as peaches and pears) Place the bananas in a brown paper bag and fold over the top. Ethylene will build up and circulate within the bag which speeds up the ripening process.
Keep a stash in the freezer: Place the UNpeeled bananas in a freezer safe ziploc bag. Remove any excess air. Freeze for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to use thaw the bananas and remove the peel.
Do you have to use over-ripe bananas for this recipe? Overripe bananas work best because they’re easier to mash and are sweeter.
How long To Bake?
Keep these tips in mind for how to bake based on what the batter is being baked in.
- Regular size muffins: bake 325 degrees F for 16-18 minutes
- Mini Muffins bake at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes.
- Mini loaf pans (5.73 x 3 inches): Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes
- Bundt cake pan: bake at 350 degrees F for 55-65 minutes
- Note: insert a toothpick to test for doneness. If it comes out clean remove pan from the oven. If it does not, then cook longer, checking at 5 minute intervals, until done.
How to store banana bread?
Remove bread from the pan as soon as it is done baking and allow the bread to completely cool before storing.
- Countertop: Place in an airtight container and store for 3-4 days at room temperature.
- Fridge: Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge for 7 days
- Freezer: Wrap the bread with plastic wrap then place in a large resealable plastic freezer bag. Label the contents. Freeze for 3-4 months. Thaw at room temperature before warming to your liking.
Fresh out of the oven, a warm slice of banana bread really can’t get any better (unless you maybe added the chocolate chips or cinnamon/sugar mix on top OR you tried our Cream Cheese-Filled Banana Bread Recipe).
We hope you love this recipe as much as we did. If you have any questions or suggestions, let us know. We’d love to add to our tips list for making this easy banana bread recipe.
For more banana bread recipes:
Best Banana Bread Recipe
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture (Optional)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 5-x-9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together bananas, sugars, egg, and melted butter.
- Fold in flour mixture and stir until smooth. Scoop batter into the prepared pan.
- For the cinnamon-sugar mixture, mix sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the batter.
- Bake for 55–60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. NOTE: If not adding cinnamon-sugar mixture, cover with foil for the last 20 minutes.
And turn it into a cute gift by wrapping in cellophane and adding a tag (GO HERE FOR FREE TAGS)
**This recipe was updated on 4/2/22 – made it even easier and yummier!