Create your favorite cookie in a pinch using a cake mix! Chewy cake mix Snickerdoodles are quick, easy & delicious.
A Shortcut on a fav
Our family loves snickerdoodles! That cinnamon and sugar coating and chewy center is perfection with a glass of cold milk. It leaves you with a nice glass of sweet milk afterwards too.
When we want that tasty cookie, but in a pinch we just whip out a yellow cake mix and you’re good to go! By just using 2 eggs and oil you achieve a more cookie texture. The snickerdoodle part comes in that signature sugar topping.
If you want to add in a bit of that tang, mix in a tsp of cream of tartar. Either way these cookies are quick, simple, and super tasty! They are perfect for gifting, or mixing up when you’re in a pinch.
Snickerdoodles with a cake mix!
PREP. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and mix. Set aside. Preheat oven to 375.
MIX + SCOOP. Combine cake mix, eggs and oil in a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until all combined. Use medium cookie scoop and scoop onto greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon mix. Using the bottom of a cup, flatten the cookies a bit.
BAKE. Bake at 375 for 7-9 minutes. Let Cool & ENJOY!
Other flavors: This recipe works for other flavors of cake mix. I think a basic white cake, spice cake, carrot cake, and pumpkin cake mix would all be delicious coated in cinnamon sugar mixture.
Cream of Tartar: The tangy signature ingredient of a snickerdoodle is cream of tartar. There is a debate that without this ingredient, it’s not really a snickerdoodle. If you are a firm Cream of Tartar fan, then you can easily add ¼ tsp into the recipe.
- Do not over cook the cookies. Take them out and allow them to finish baking while they cool on the baking pan.
- Chilling the dough before rolling them into balls can help them keep a puffy shape and soft center.
- The dough is fairly sticky. I recommend chilling the dough to make it easier to roll and to use cookie scoop.
STORE cooled cookies in an airtight container. To help keep them fresh longer, place a piece of white bread into the container. Cookies should last for several days. You can also freeze them for 4-6 months. Be sure to separate the cookies with wax paper or individually wrap them with plastic wrap.
To FREEZE, place dough balls on a cookie sheet to flash freeze them. Freeze for about 2 hours or until solid, then place the balls in an airtight freezer safe container. Safely freeze for 4-6 months. To Bake: remove the desired number of dough balls. Allow to thaw on a cookie sheet and bake according to recipe
For More snickerdoodles, check out:
- White Chocolate Snickerdoodles
- Eggnog Snickerdoodles
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- Snickerdoodle Bread
- Best Snickerdoodles
More Collections: Easy Cookie Recipes
Cake Mix Snickerdoodles Recipe
- 1 box Duncan Hines Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Combine cake mix, eggs and oil in a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until all combined. Use medium cookie scoop and scoop onto greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon mix. Using the bottom of a cup, flatten the cookies a bit.
- Bake at 375 for 7-9 minutes. Let Cool & ENJOY!
Use these cute tags to add the cookies to a jar and gift!
Just RIGHT-CLICK, SAVE and PRINT.