Soft and chewy Funfetti Cookies are quick, simple and a kid-favorite! They are the perfect little treat to satisfy your sweet tooth.
If you’re looking for an excuse to celebrate something or anything, then make these funfetti cake mix cookies TODAY! The sprinkles are inside and on top of the cookies which makes them extra funfetti! For more fun treats, try Birthday Cake Fudge, Chocolate Sheet Cake, and No Roll Sugar Cookies.
Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
Is there anything happier than FUNFETTI? I could probably eat anything if it was funfetti flavored. Well, maybe not eggplant… 😉 There is just something about rainbow colored sprinkles that make the world a better place.
The best part about these funfetti cookies? They are made with a CAKE MIX. Yes, please! So so easy and quick. This recipe is perfect for little bakers who want to help you in the kitchen. They’ll love all the bright colored sprinkles and frosting the cookies.
Deliver a batch of these goodies to a friend on their birthday—they will love you forever! You could even make these funfetti cookies in lieu of a birthday cake. Sometimes I just want cookies for no particular reason so these are the perfect “anytime” treat. You deserve it. You’re welcome.
How to make Funfetti Cake Cookies
PREP. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
COMBINE. Mix all the cookie ingredients together in a bowl.
BAKE. Shape the cookie dough into 1 inch balls and put them onto your ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 6-8 minutes or just until they are browned on the edges.
Note. Do not over bake these! The softer they are, the better! 😉 Let the cookies cool for a bit then frost them and top them with more sprinkles! You can never have too many sprinkles in my cookie opinion. If you don’t eat them all right then and there, you can keep them in an airtight container for a few days.
Homemade Frosting Options:
- Add white chocolate chips
- Try sticking with jimmies for the best texture and taste
- If you’re making these around a certain holiday use holiday sprinkles for some extra fun!
Tips + Storing Info
To make these cookies soft and moist…
- Make sure to take them out of the oven right as the edges turn golden brown, not any later.
- Keep the cookies in an airtight container to keep them as soft as possible. You could also keep the cookies in a container with a piece of white sandwich bread. If you use this technique the bread will dry out before the cookies do.
- Chilling the dough for 15-20 minutes can prevent the cookies from spreading out and losing some of their moisture in the baking process.
STORE these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
FREEZE cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 months. You can store your cookie dough in the fridge in a covered container for up to 5 days, just make sure that there is an airtight seal on the container so that the dough doesn’t dry out.
For more cake mix cookies, check out:
- Gooey Chocolate Rolo Butter Cookies
- Frosted Lemon Cookies
- Gooey Monster Butter Cookies
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Cookies
- Butter Cookies
- Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
- Cake Mix Snickerdoodles
Funfetti Cookies Recipe
- 1 pkg Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme™ Funfetti® Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 can Vanilla Frosting
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add cake mix, oil, and eggs to a bowl and stir until well combined. Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes. Cool for 1 minute before removing cookies from the sheet.
- Let cookies cool, then frost and sprinkle. ENJOY!
Recipe from Pillsbury.
These are my son’s favorite cookies to make and eat!! I love that there’s just a few ingredients and I usually always have a box of cake mix in the pantry just for these cookies! The tip about not over-baking them makes these so soft and yummy!
I am glad he likes them!! I try to keep boxes of that around, too! Thank you so much for letting me know!
Made these tonight super easy and kid friendly! Very good!
Thank you for trying them. I am happy you think so 🙂