This next recipe is one that we make all the time at home. It’s quick, easy and the kids love them. They’re called Gooey Butter Cookies (aka Cake Mix Cookies). They are made with cake mix and are so moist and butter-y that I have yet to meet someone who didn’t like them. If you’re looking for a quick cookie recipe that will be a hit – this is your treat! What’s great is if you’re feeling like a cookie, but not necessarily the typical Chocolate Chip kind, this one is a great substitute! They’e pretty much half a cookie and half a cupcake, and you really can’t go wrong with that.
Another reason why I LOVE this recipe is because it can be easily changed up. Based on whatever cake mix you use, you can change the flavor up. You can also add candy and sprinkles on top or in the cookies which can take them to a whole new level.
I have tried so many varieties of these cake mix cookies in the past, so be sure to check them out at the end of the post. The Gooey Monster Cookies are especially popular with the kids, and especially around Halloween. 😉
Gooey Butter Cookies:
- Yellow Cake Box Mix
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 8 oz. Cream Cheese bar, softened
- 1 egg
- powdered sugar
- Beat butter, vanilla, egg and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Mix in cake mix.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll into balls and dip in a bowl of powdered sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, and sift powdered sugar on top if desired.
Products Featured in this Recipe:
Here is a chocolate version with a Rolo inside:
Oh – And I don’t want to forget – here is the bar version for this recipe:
And I’ve done so many other versions you may want to try:
- Gooey Funfetti Sugar Cookies
- Gooey Monster Cookies
- Cream Cheese Frosted Gooey Red Velvet Cookies
- Gooey Butter Pumpkin Cookies
- Frosted Gooey Caramel Apple Cookies