Don’t miss a thing – Sign up for the Lil’ Luna Newsletter today!
A looong time ago a friend gave me a bag of mush and told me to follow the rules, to knead it, and add things to it, and speak nice things to it, and one day it would turn into a glorious loaf of Amish Bread. I did those things, and 5 years later (ok, a few days!), it indeed, was a glorious loaf of Amish bread! And it even left me with more mush to give away to my friends. But, who has time for all that? “Not I” says the cat!
For many years I thought If I wanted to taste that delicious bread again, I would need to be given a bag of mush from someone. Then Pinterest was born and anything became possible (I know full well that it was possible before Pinterest, but I like to pretend that life didn’t exist before the days of pinning). And so today, I bring you this divine Amish Bread (from Red Fly Creations), that has been tried and proven true for your kitchen. No bag of mush required!! I think the buttermilk really helps make this bread super soft and fluffy. Check out the recipe below…
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ⅔ cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. Set aside
- Cream together butter, sugar, and eggs. Add buttermilk, flour, and baking soda. Divide ½ of the batter into two greased loaf pans (1/4 in each pan). Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture on top of the batter in each pan, reserving about ¼ to sprinkle on the top.
- Evenly add remaining batter to your two pans; sprinkle the rest of your cinnamon topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until baked through.
- Cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan. Enjoy!
Adapted from Red Fly Creations.
Seriously – so good!! Check out all that cinnamon and sugar delicious-ness!!
HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 2 loaves
ANY CHANGES MADE: added just a little more cinnamon
ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none
These are some more of our favorite bread recipes:
For all bread recipes, go HERE.
For ALL recipes, go HERE.
Need more recipes and creative ideas? Sign up and get a FREE copy of my latest ebook!