If you love snickerdoodles, this bread is for you! The wonderful flavors of cinnamon and sugar swirled into a moist, delicious no-yeast batter and baked to perfection. Amazing for breakfast and goes great with your morning coffee or tea!
Cinnamon toast was one of my all-time favorite snacks as a kid. To this day the combination of cinnamon and sugar brings back warm memories of after-school snacks and cozy snow days. The aroma of this delicious Cinnamon Quick Bread baking is nothing short of delightful and brings back all that childhood nostalgia.
This Cinnamon Sugar Quick Bread is super simple to make. Unlike a regular yeast bread, this quick bread requires no yeast or rising time. It’s super moist, much like a coffee cake, and with a generous sprinkling of cinnamon sugar, it will also remind you of Snickerdoodle cookies!
There is a layer of cinnamon sugar in the middle of the batter and then a generous sprinkling on top. When swirled together in the batter, you’ll find a pretty whirl of cinnamon in the middle of every slice!
A slice of this bread is perfect for enjoying with your morning coffee, or a yummy afternoon snack. Wrap up and pack in your kids lunch boxes for a fun surprise, or enjoy warm right out of the oven.
Cinnamon Quick Bread:
Cinnamon Sugar Quick Bread Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar divided
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x5" loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, 1 c. sugar, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk egg and oil. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined. Batter will be slightly lumpy.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ½ c. sugar with the cinnamon.
- Spread ½ of the batter into the bottom of the loaf pan. Sprinkle ½ of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter. Layer on the remaining batter over the cinnamon mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon mixture over the top of the batter. Using a knife, cut through the batter to swirl.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Test with a toothpick - when inserted, the toothpick should come out clean and crumb-free. Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Using the overhanging parchment paper, lift the bread out of the pan. Let cool completely.
Thanks for having me today!
I love homemade quick bread recipes, and cinnamon swirl bread is one of my all time favorites!! I like to eat it for breakfast. Thanks for sharing this recipe with us, Erin! It looks AMAZING. If you want to see more of her recipes, you can find them at DelightfulE Made.
And if you want another awesome bread recipe, you can check out:
And for even more bread recipes, check out:
- Zucchini Bread
- Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread
- Amish Bread
- Fall Favorite Pumpkin Bread
- Snickerdoodle Bread
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread