Hot and cheesy spinach quiche with a buttery crust is the perfect start to your morning. This is a wonderful breakfast dish for any sized crowd. Everyone will love it!
calling all Spinach + Feta Fans
The combination of spinach and feta in this recipe is a total winner! The tastes pair perfectly with each other and it helps that this quiche recipe is also very simple. Easy and yummy means it’s a total winner in our book. (If you love the spinach and feta combo, you’ll also love these spinach and feta puffs!)
If you’ve never made a quiche before, this is a great recipe to start with. It’s very straight forward and doesn’t take too long to whip up. And it’s great to customize! This is more of a Greek version (adding tomatoes or peppers would be delish too), but you can make so many other varieties with this base recipe.
We love to make this dish for holidays, brunches with friends, baby/wedding showers, and even just lazy Sunday mornings. 😉
How to Make Spinach Quiche
The best way to bake this quiche is to “blind bake” the crust before you add in the quiche filling. Blind baking is basically just pre-baking the crust for a few minutes by itself in the oven. Blind baking helps the crust stay nice and crispy. No soggy quiches here!
CRUST. Use a shallow sided 9 inch glass pie plate to bake the quiche in. Place the pie crust in the plate and crimp the edges. (We double folded the edges of the crust and then crimped them.) Prebake the crust for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool a bit then place the spinach and cheese on the bottom of the pie crust.
FILLING. In a medium bowl, mix up the filling:
- onion powder
Pour this mixture over the spinach and cheese in the pie crust.
BAKE. Place the quiche in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes. Check if it’s done by inserting a knife in the center. If it comes out clean, take the quiche out of the oven.
For a homemade pie crust recipe go HERE. You can even make this quiche without crust. Simply spray the pan, add the liquid ingredients and bake.
More to Note…
Busy with all the holiday craziness? Who isn’t?
Make this spinach quiche AHEAD OF TIME and bake it when you need it! Keep it refrigerated or frozen until you need it. Make sure to wrap it airtight. It will last about 2-3 days in the fridge and 3-4 months in the freezer for best results. Reheat it in the oven for about 15-20 minutes at 350°F.
Here are some more ways to change up this dish:
- Greek version – Add tomatoes, artichokes or even olives!
- Mexican version – Use monterey jack cheese, peppers, bacon and taco seasoning
- Classic – Our Ham and cheese is the BEST – but anything goes.
TIPS for making quiche
Check out these tips for easy quiche making:
- If the crust is browning quickly but the center needs more time to cook, then cover the outer edge of the crust with a foil.
- Don’t over bake! Bake until the edges are set, but the center still jiggles a bit.
- Don’t over fill: The egg filling will rise to a fluffy center. If you overfill the center may overflow over the sides.
- Whole or 2% milk will give you a lighter quiche. For a creamier quiche, use heavy cream or half-and-half.
- If you have extra mixture go ahead and make a mini quiche or scrambled eggs.
- Bake on the bottom rack to help the crust be nicely browned and crisp.
We hope you love making and eating this delicious spinach quiche! It’s the BEST.
for More savory breakfast dishes, try:
Spinach Quiche Recipe
- 1 pie crust unbaked
- 10 oz frozen spinach chopped, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 6 oz herb and garlic feta
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs slightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Use a shallow sided 9 inch glass pie plate or tart pan. Place the pie crust in the plate and crimp the edges. (We double folded the edges of the crust and then crimped them.) Prebake the crust for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow to cool a bit, then place the spinach and cheese on the bottom of the pie crust.
- In a medium bowl mix up the filling: milk, eggs, salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder. Pour over the spinach and cheese.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Check if it's done by inserting a knife in the center. If it comes out clean, take the quiche out of the oven.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.