These soft, delicious Blueberry Muffins are simple and perfect for breakfast, snack or after-school treat. They’re filled with blueberries and topped with coarse sugar making them irresistible.
Homemade Bluberry Muffins
There is something SO comforting about blueberry muffins baking in the oven. That sweet smell that fills the house just makes me smile!! I love to make these muffins with my kids on a rainy day. They love to mix and pour and make a mess. But messy = fun, right??
MY LATEST VIDEOS
These fluffy moist blueberry muffins make the most delicious breakfast. Pair them on the side of some eggs and bacon and you’re done. I’m dying over how yummy these are warm and straight out of the oven. With a nice layer of of butter spread in the middle. I even like to eat one (or two!) of these for an afternoon pick-me-up or a late night snack before bed. To be honest, they are tasty any time of the day!
How to Make Blueberry Muffins
You’re in luck because blueberries are officially in season! They are in season from about May to August. You’ll need 2 cups of fresh blueberries (washed and drained) for this simple muffin recipe. You’ll also need coarse sugar for sprinkling on top of the muffin batter before putting them into the oven. That sugar makes them even yummier! They’re so easy to make and take just a few steps…
- Beat the regular sugar and butter in a bowl until they are smoothly mixed together.
- Add your eggs one at a time, and then add the vanilla.
- Mix your dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a little at a time. While you’re doing that, alternate with adding in your 1/2 cup of milk. Then your batter is ready for the blueberries!
- Take 1/2 cup of the blueberries and mash them up with a fork. Mix those in with your batter. Then take the other 1 and 1/2 cups of blueberries and fold them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into muffin tins, sprinkle your coarse sugar on top, and bake for about 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
The result is the perfect, soft muffin filled with blueberries – a family favorite!
Best Bluberry Muffins
These are the BEST homemade blueberry muffins. You just can’t go wrong with them! We hope you’ll give them a try and let us know what you think. Not only are they great for breakfast, but they’re great as a snack or after-school treat too!
For more blueberry recipes, check out:
For more muffin recipes, check out:
- Applesauce Muffins
- Lemon Crumb Muffins
- Donut Muffins
- Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- Cinnamon Roll Muffins
- Zucchini Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Banana Crumb Muffins
- Double Chocolate Muffins
Blueberry Muffins recipe
These soft, delicious Blueberry Muffins are simple and perfect for breakfast, snack or after-school treat. They're filled with blueberries and topped with coarse sugar making them irresistible.
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups blueberries washed and drained
- 1/8 cup coarse sugar
Preheat the oven to 375.
Add butter and sugar in a medium bowl and beat until smooth. One at a time, add each egg, blending in between. Mix in vanilla.
In a separate bowl, sift flour, salt and baking powder. Add to sugar mixture, a little bit at a time, alternating with the 1/2 cup milk.
Using a fork, crush 1/2 cup of your blueberries and add to your batter. Fold in the remaining blueberries.
Divide batter among a lined 12 cup muffin tin. Sprinkle sugar over the tops and bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Remove from muffin tin and allow to cool at least 30 minutes.
TRIED & TRUE FINDINGS:
- DIFFICULTY: easy
- HOW MANY DOES IT FEED: 12 muffins
- ANY CHANGES MADE: used 1/8 cup coarse sugar in place of standard sugar
- ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT TIME: none
Adapted from Cooking NYTimes.