Avocado Bacon and eggs are simple, delicious and hearty! So many great ingredients are used and make for a great breakfast recipe without much work!
You can’t beat the flavors of this breakfast dish, and if you love eggs and bacon, then you’ll definitely want to try this recipe along with the variations we suggested below!
Avocado + Egg = Amazing!
Have I mentioned before how much I LOVE breakfast foods? They’re my FAVORITE!!
Unfortunately, I feel like we don’t have as much time in the morning to enjoy all the delicious breakfast recipes, but thankfully we have them for dinner quite often.
We do have some quick go-to’s we make for breakfast – one of them being today’s Avocado Eggs.
With avocado, bacon, egg and cheese you really can’t go wrong. The combination of flavors makes for a simple but filling breakfast that I think you will enjoy too.
How to Pick Avocados?
TIPS FOR AVOCADOS: Use the following info to help you choose your avocado. Aside from the overripe avocados I will usually buy 2-3 of each kind so that I have perfectly ripe avocados all week long. Avocados ripen off of the tree. To test an avocado hold it in the palm of your hand and gently press with your fingers.
- If the avocado has a lot of give and feels mushy then it is too ripe and leave it at the market.
- If the avocado has some give and feels soft then it perfect to use within 2-3 days before it become overripe.
- An avocado that has some give but still feels firm is labeled as “breaking” and is almost ripe. Let it sit at room temperature for 1-2 more days for it to becomes perfectly ripe.
- An avocado that feels completely firm will need 4-5 more days at room temperature to fully ripen.
- To slow down the ripening process store avocados in the fridge. A perfectly ripe avocado can last 2-3 days at room temperature or 3-5 days in the fridge.
Baked avocado egg Variations + Tips
There are so many ways to change up baked avocado eggs and add a bit more flavor. Here are some suggestions:
- Mexican – Use Mexican cheese, add chopped peppers or green chilis
- Greek – Use feta cheese and sausage instead of bacon. You can also add chopped spinach!
- 3 meat – Use mozzarella and add bacon, ham and sausage to the eggs
Can I freeze bacon and egg avocados? Though raw avocados can be frozen successfully, these baked avocados are best eaten right away. They can be kept in the fridge for 1-2 days and reheated, but I do not recommend freezing them.
Mmmm! I admit that I sometimes eat an avocado for breakfast or even for lunch, but eating it with the cooked egg, cheese and bacon in the middle is even better!
For more breakfast recipes, check out:
Avocado Egg Recipe
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 eggs
- 1 piece bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 tbsp low-fat cheese
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Begin by cutting the avocado in half and removing the pit.
- With a spoon, scoop out some of the avocado so it's a tad bigger than your egg and yolk. Place in a muffin pan to keep the avocado stable while cooking.
- Crack your egg and add it to the inside of your avocado. Sprinkle a little cheese on top with a pinch of salt. Top with cooked bacon.
- Cook for 14-16 minutes. Serve warm.
The only thing I changed was instead of muffin pan I made aluminum foil baskets by crumpling the foil, worked much better!
Thanks for sharing that! I will have to try!
Oven temperatures do vary and experimentation may be the only way to know what works. My stove is new and so is this recipe; so I learned that 425 for 14 minutes is too long or too hot. Eggs were thoroughly cooked so I’ll try again making time/temp adjustments. I love the concept of using these ingredients.
Very true! Thank you for sharing that & giving this recipe a try!
What are the carbs for this recipe??
You must have really large avocados and small eggs. I tried this numerous times and no matter how much avocado I scooped out the egg still ran out. If I only have shell left what’s the point.
I finally scooped out all of it and put it in a custard dish, put the egg and rest of the ingredients on top and baked it that way.
It was perfect!
I’m going to try this tonight and give you a review tomorrow
Like you said it’s awesome to have breakfast at dinner
See More Comments