Breakfast is my favorite meal, but we hardly have it for breakfast.
Yes, we are usually the oatmeal and cold cereal type of people, but if we had our way we’d have plenty of time in the morning to make a nice, hearty breakfast. Unfortunately, with 5 (almost 6) kids it’s hard and we find ourselves making breakfast for dinner more so than we do for breakfast. That’s why we have breakfast for dinner every Wednesday. We change it up as to what we make every week, but we recently tried a new recipe that will definitely be added to the favorites rotation. My family and I tried these Baked Cheddar Eggs & Potatoes from Taste of Home and LOVE how they turned out. It took a little bit of time but nothing too crazy and the result was so good we felt like we had just gotten them from a nice restaurant. I mean – look at the pic above!! Doesn’t it look like a million bucks?!
This dish was seriously so good and simple, anyone can make them!! You may not have time to bust this out every morning, but maybe for a weekend breakfast or definitely a special day like Mother’s Day (trying to give the hubby the hint). 😉
Below are a few process shots of making this dish…
Cooking up the potatoes.
Scoot potatoes apart in 4 spots and add eggs.
The result was seriously one of the best breakfast dishes I’ve ever tried. I’m a big fan of eggs and potatoes so to have all the extra flavor, cheese and delicious-ness was amazing. If you’re trying to impress guests in town or your loved one, I highly recommend giving this breakfast recipe a try. 😉
Baked Cheddar Eggs & Potatoes:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1½ pounds red potatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 - 1½ teaspoon(s) garlic salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 8 large eggs
- ¾ cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add potatoes and cook until tender.
- Stir in parsley, garlic, garlic salt and pepper.
- With the back of a spoon, make four wells in the potato mixture. Break two eggs and pour into each well within the potatoes.
- Bake 10-12 minutes and sprinkle with cheese. Bake and additional 1-2 minutes to melt cheese. Serve right away and ENJOY!
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.
Here is another great breakfast dish we love:
Want more great breakfast recipes? Check out: