A fresh and tasty easy Fruit Smoothie that takes minutes to make. It is filled with kiwi, banana, blueberries, strawberries and more!!
The BEST Fruit smoothie Recipe!
Smoothies have become a favorite in our home! In fact, the kids called them “yummy drinks”!
I don’t blame them, because it’s hard not to love fruits blended together to make a delicious drink!
We’re always looking for new healthy smoothie recipes, and today I wanted to share with you one we recently came up with that has become a favorite. It has some of my fav fruits including strawberries, bananas, kiwi, blueberries and more!
Sometimes a smoothie is just the right thing for our appetite and it’s always so fun coming up with new yummy recipes for them. They’re great as an after-school snack for kids, a special treat or even for breakfast.
Today’s recipe has to be the family’s new favorite, and we cannot wait to share it with you!
How to Make a Fruit Smoothie
BLEND. Mix all ingredients (kiwi, banana, blueberries, strawberries, ice, pineapple juice (or orange juice) and yogurt in a blender.
Blend until it’s the consistency you desire! SO EASY!
Additions + VARIATIONS
Want to change it up? There are so many ways to do that:
If you like your smoothies thicker, add more ice before blending (or more frozen fruits).
Protein Powder is a great way to add nutrition and vitamins to your smoothies.
For more healthy additives try adding:
- chia seeds (high in manganese, phosphorus, copper, iron, magnesium, and calcium)
- flaxseed (high in Vitamin B1, copper, magnesium and phosphorus).
- spinach (high in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, iron, folate, and potassium)
- kale (high in Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, calcium and more!)
- oats (phosphorus, copper, biotin, Vitamin B1)
- Healthy fats that would be good to add include: avocados and nut butters (like as almond putter or natural peanut butter).
Change it up by adding:
- OTHER FRUITS + VEGGIES: Add whatever is your favorite!! From mangoes and pineapples to other berries and leafy greens – the options are endless.
- SWEETNESS: If you like your smoothies to taste a little sweeter, you can add stevia, a little sugar, honey or vanilla. Other sweet fruits can also add sweetness.
- DAIRY/CALCIUM: You can also make any substitutes you prefer like the kind of milk or yogurt to use. Coconut milk and almond milk are great subs as well as Greek Yogurt or even another favorite yogurt flavor.
FAQ – Prepping + Storing
How to Prep Smoothies? I love having the ingredients prepped ahead of time and ready to go from the freezer to blender. You can either prep one smoothie or purchase enough ingredients to prep several smoothies.
- For this recipe start by dividing the 5.3 oz of yogurt into an ice cube tray and freeze it.
- Cube the strawberries and slice the bananas, spread them onto a baking sheet and freeze.
- Once to yogurt, bananas, and strawberries are frozen place them, along with the mango chunks, into a freezer Ziploc bag (you can also add any healthy additives such as spinach or chia seeds).
- FREEZE for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to make the smoothie empty the contents of the bag into the blender, add the almond milk and ice cubes. Blend and enjoy!
Though smoothies are best eaten right away, you can STORE leftovers for later:
- Start by adding a bit of lemon juice or Sure Fresh so that the color of the smoothie doesn’t brown.
- Find a jar or a container that is the best fit. If there is a little room at the top of the container
- Cut a piece of plastic wrap and place it directly onto the top of the smoothie. Store in the fridge for 12 hours or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
For other favorite smoothies, try:
- Our Favorite Green Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Mango Peach Smoothie
- Kale Smoothie
- Peanut Butter banana Smoothie
- Watermelon Smoothie
Fruit Smoothie Recipe
- 1 kiwi sliced
- 1 banana peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cups ice cubes
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 8 oz vanilla yogurt container
- Add the kiwi, banana, blueberries, strawberries, ice, pineapple juice and yogurt to your blender.
- Blend until smooth. For thicker smoothie, add ice as well, then blend.